Installing Shude's Pedals on a W202!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
A (hopefully) nice HOWTO on installing Shudes nice pedals on my W202. Sorry to Iyse, but I couldn't resist typing this!

Items needed:
(Make sure you have all the necessary, BEFORE you start)
- 4 alloy pedals (accelerator, clutch, brake, and hand foot brake)
- Smallish Flat screwdriver
- W202 Mercedes :D

Optional items (recomended):
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mercedes spanner (as found in the W202 kit)

P1010004.JPG

Step 1: Remove your matt, there should be no need to clean up yet (we all do clean under our carpets regularly, don't we?). Open your pedal packs (one or three packs, the ones with the brake, clutch, and hand brake). Observe the pedals, they fit over a metal "foot" like a realy tight rubber glove.

P1010009.JPG

Put your hand behing the stock pedals, and pry them off, some force may be necessary. I recommend starting on a vertex, then putting the screw-driver under the gap and wedging the old rubber off. Repeat for the brake, clutch and hand/foot brake pedal.

P1010012.JPG

Last edited:
Step 2: Now you need to fit the alloy ones back onto the steel feet. This is done pretty much in the reverse of removeing the rubber ones, but some advice I can give is:
Small one: Left
Thin one: Center
The one with a bulge on the right side: Right
Also, if you are having a hard time fitting them, you can put them in a waterproof bag and let them warm up in hot water. Also, while fitting them, put it diagonally on first, then slide on one side. Exception to this is the brake, where I recommend you put the "bulge" side on first.
P1010014.JPG

The last corner will be the hardest to fit, here I recommend you use the screw-driver again. Just fit it under and pull outwards.
p1010017.jpg

At this point I recommend vacumming if necessary.

Step 3: To fit the acceleration pedal is quite easy. Take a needle nose plier, and gently squeeze the plastic split pin on the right side of the acceleration pedal. At the same time, from the other side, gently pull it out. (In the image, I have already removed the pedal to make it more clear)
P1010024.JPG

Fold the pedal to the matt towards you and undo the two plastic nuts. I was able to do this by hand, but you might need a spanner.
P1010020.JPG

At this point I recommend vacumming if necessary.

Step 4: Fit the new pedal, start with the two plastic nuts; screw them on (tightly by hand or gently by spanner, they are plastic!)
P1010025.JPG

Now put the split pin into the hole, but not through the hole. Align the steel foot's holes with the pedals holes, and push the pin through.

P1010033.JPG

Double check that all the pedals are secure, and dont fall off or wiggle. Stand back and admire your work!

P1010037.JPG

(Yes there is a nut missing in the past 2 pictures, I have since found it (by taking apart my vacuum cleaner) and replaced it! You are not supposed to vacuum up your nut, you are supposed to fit it back before I did!)

Common Errors (i.e. those stupid things I did):
- DON'T put those plastic nuts on the carpet. Keep them safe, or otherwise you might end up taking your vacuum cleaner apart trying to find the one you accidentally sucked up. (I might post a how-to on taking apart a vacum cleaner soon ;) )
- Make sure the pedals are snug! You dont want the pedal slipping while you drive!
- DON'T use your audi's car keys as a screw-driver to pry them on/off. Look at the pic of my nice key after I used it as such!

Ok, I've put pics onto my server, you will find all at:
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~md103/All/carPics/carPedalMod/
Link updated...And yes, I do realise there is a pic of Elisa; I have no idea how it got there, ill remove it when I'm changing it.
Spinal

Sorry for the multiple posts, t'was the only way around the 3images per post limit!

If you want bigger pics, email me, I have the pics in "too-large-to-post" format.

OH! and another P.s. anyone interested in my old pedals before I put them on eBay?

Last edited:
Spinal said:
Open the first pack of alloy pedals, not hte one with the long accelerator, but the one with the three other pedals.
Most people will get each pedal in a separate bag with the correct part number on. Lately I've been getting the "bulk order" style bags from MB with multiple pedals in one bag, so I've had to spread them around for postage, sadly your package needed this! :(

EDIT: good instructions though! :)

Excellent Instructions Spinal... will make the task of changing my pedals (thanks Shude!) much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom