Instaramic Ceramic Spray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Being a mug for acting on advertising, I've just got a bottle of Shine Auto's Instaramic Black Mint ceramic spray to try.
Not too expensive at £24 99 + postage, I hope to get the car washed polished waxed this coming week to try this new product.

If it's not up to much, I have lost a great deal.
I'll post pics here when its done.

Here is the advert that persuaded me to part with the readies

20200829_193103[1].jpg

Last edited:
Certainly looks impressive! Nice bottle too, and like you say it ain't gonna bankrupt you, (is it?) If it's crap. :)👍

Being a mug for acting on advertising, I've just got a bottle of Shine Auto's Instaramic Black Mint ceramic spray to try.
Not too expensive at £24 99 + postage, I hope to get the car washed polished waxed this coming week to try this new product.

If it's not up to much, I have lost a great deal.
I'll post pics here when its done.

Here is the advert that persuaded me to part with the readies

View attachment 101509
Looks good although the car in the pro-mo is very shiny before the product is applied. Hope its as good as you think. Let us know.

I was hoping to get this ceramic spray applied today, but after washing, claying, washing, rinsing, drying then applying a coat of Poorboys Black Hole then a layer of Bilt Hamber double speed wax I was a bit tired.
Also, the Belgian FI GP was due to start so if the weather is still good it will be done tomorrow along with removing each wheel, cleaning waxing and sealing and hopefully if time allows cleaning up the hubs and repainting them with Hammerite smooth silver.

A couple of photos of the car ready for a ceramic coating.
20200830_110553[1].jpg20200830_110624[1].jpg

It seems I made a big error in the preparation for a ceramic coating by applying wax after polishing:(
So today it was back to the beginning with a wash, followed by claying the car again to remove the wax.
Washed and rinsed again, then polished again:wallbash:
Its now ready for the ceramic coating but I don't have time tomorrow and its supposed to be wet overnight into Wednesday so it may have to wait until Thursday.
Serves me right for not reading up on the preparation but I won't make the same mistake again.

It seems I made a big error in the preparation for a ceramic coating by applying wax after polishing:(
So today it was back to the beginning with a wash, followed by claying the car again to remove the wax.
Its now ready for the ceramic coating but I don't have time tomorrow and its supposed to be wet overnight into Wednesday so it may have to wait until Thursday.
Serves me right for not reading up on the preparation but I won't make the same mistake again.
Ffs you’re superman

Reactions: AMV

I warned you! :p

No, just bl00dy tired of cleaning:D
You just can’t beat a shiny black car.

In this instance, you are quite right.
I thought I'd done things correctly but putting that wax on was a big nono.
I still need to use ipa wipes before the ceramic coating.
Mine next Rog? :D

I was hoping to get this ceramic spray applied today, but after washing, claying, washing, rinsing, drying then applying a coat of Poorboys Black Hole then a layer of Bilt Hamber double speed wax I was a bit tired.
Also, the Belgian FI GP was due to start so if the weather is still good it will be done tomorrow along with removing each wheel, cleaning waxing and sealing and hopefully if time allows cleaning up the hubs and repainting them with Hammerite smooth silver.

A couple of photos of the car ready for a ceramic coating.
View attachment 101574View attachment 101575

Now that’s a real stunner Rog!

Should have waited till the wax that you applied worn off, then reclean and apply this instaramic. Wasted the coat of Poorboys Black Hole. LOL.

Re: the ceramic spray, it all depends on how much percentage of SiO2 is there, and that will affect how long it will last.
There are more of these Ceramic coating easy spray on type for sale now, but with lower content of SiO2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom