Instrument Cluster Bulb duff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tikw2124

Car
2002, W203 C Class 270 CDI Avantgarde Tiptronic, COMMAND, Phone
Hi to all. Done a search on this subject but, couldn't find anything for a 203. The RHS of the ASSYST display blinks and after a while goes dark. Took it to Indy who removed Instrument panel and removed rear plastic cover was surprised to see that there were no bulb holders on back of panel and wasn't too happy to strip panel down furtehr (saying, this is not like the old ones where you can see and change all the bulbs quickly). I was then asked to return when the more experienced tech was back in. So, last night i went to see the other tech who checked on WIS but couldn't see any mention of how to replace bulbs. He will look into it further and let me know.

Question: Does anyone know how or if these bulbs can be replaced and is it a DIY job, bearing in mind a new cluster must cost lots of £s. All help much appreciated.

Keith

W203 Cluster bulbs

Can bulbs be replaced without a costly cluster strip down?

Hi to all. Done a search on this subject but, couldn't find anything for a 203. The RHS of the ASSYST display blinks and after a while goes dark. Took it to Indy who removed Instrument panel and removed rear plastic cover was surprised to see that there were no bulb holders on back of panel and wasn't too happy to strip panel down furtehr (saying, this is not like the old ones where you can see and change all the bulbs quickly). I was then asked to return when the more experienced tech was back in. So, last night i went to see the other tech who checked on WIS but couldn't see any mention of how to replace bulbs. He will look into it further and let me know.

Question: Does anyone know how or if these bulbs can be replaced and is it a DIY job, bearing in mind a new cluster must cost lots of £s. All help much appreciated.

i cant help you with where the bulbs are (i'd have thought they would have been like previous mercs aswell but i guess they have chanegd it).

BUT i can advise to ensure you only fit the correct watt bulbs from MB. Otherwise ones that halfords etc can sell may look and fit identical but they can melt the casing/lense etc in the cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom