Instrument Cluster Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigbadborris

Car
Mercedes C200 W202 1996
I have a C200 W202 1996 Instrument Cluster with warn bulb connections. I have another W202 cluster but the connections on the back are different. see pics

Current Cluster

Front
IMG_1171.JPG

Back
IMG_1172.JPG

New Cluster

Front
IMG_1169.JPG

Back
IMG_1170.JPG

As you can see the plug arrangement it different on the new one. Is there anything I can do to make it fit.

Hope someone can help

Many Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I prefer the look of the newer type. Also I already had it in the garage from a previous project so figured it would save me a few £££

It would not work as there is a different PCB inside, however, I wonder what would be the position it the front part of the cluster was removed from the later cluster and fitted on to the earlier cluster… no idea if it would actually fit but might be worth splitting your later cluster in two as illustrated in the picture below.

Dec

10027d1205711926-removing-e-class-instument-cluster-clus.jpg

It would not work as there is a different PCB inside, however, I wonder what would be the position it the front part of the cluster was removed from the later cluster and fitted on to the earlier cluster… no idea if it would actually fit but might be worth splitting your later cluster in two as illustrated in the picture below.

Dec

10027d1205711926-removing-e-class-instument-cluster-clus.jpg

Problem is that the connectors on the back are different. Also the original has the stalks for adjusting clock etc but the newer dosnt

What I mean is that you retain the back of the cluster, the section on the left of picture, you keep the original electronics, PCB and connection plugs so you just replace the front halve of the cluster, which is just cosmetic, no electronics in it at all.

You would need to drill 2 holes… precisely… to accommodate the existing stalks for adjusting clock and dimmer, it could in theory be done IF the dimensions are correct… unlikely but worth a try.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom