Instrument Cluster Pop-Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maurauth

Car
2016 BMW M4 Convertible
Whenever I start the car and start driving this seems to pop up, I was assuming it is telling me how many people are in the car. Is that right, is there any way of turning it off?

Apologies as I couldn't flip the image on my phone.

v8n02o.jpg

Its to do with car occupants and whether they wear the seatbelt or not.

So if I put all the seat belts plugged in with no passengers it wouldn't pop up?

Is there a way of disabling it just using options or would I need star coding?

I got to be honest- I have never paid any attention to this.

It always comes up when I start the engine, and from memory, always showing the three seats. Not sure if two of those relate to driver / front passenger and the third is for the rear. But I am pretty sure, all three come up whether it is just me in the car, or four of us.
I think when seatbelts are or, these icons show up in different colour.

There is something similar on the coupe we have, but again, never paid enough attention to this one either, sorry.

Ah ok, thanks mate, it's just starting to irk me that I have to press OK, then UP, UP to get to my MPG. (Trying to see the best I can get out of a whole tank of grandma driving).

By the time i've reversed out of my drive, set off down the road while putting my belt on, it's disappeared all by it's self so I can't say I really notice it!

If you have people in the rear seats, it shows you they have seat belts on or not. Its quite handy for me having kids as I don't need to check, the car will tell me.

But, when I'm on my own it is mightily annoying. But, its part of the auto regime for this car for me. Start, ok the seatbelt image, turn off the ECO thingy, put it in sport mode.

I don't think it can be turned off though.

Ok, thanks for all your help guys, I guess when I get my next service and software update I'll ask the STAR guy if he can turn it off :)

My oldest car has no seatbelts - never mind sensors or pesky electronics , apart from the radio , and that uses valves :)

So if I put all the seat belts plugged in with no passengers it wouldn't pop up?
I'm now wondering if this would work also (despite my earlier post)

I don't think it will as I presume that there are no sensors in the rear seats that detect a passenger .

Why would it ....

No particular reason, just hoping there is some way to get rid as it really winds me up when I'm trying to hypermile. Testing the best way to accelerate to 30mph fuel wise and that ******* is always in the way!

I too was irked by this, so much so I posted on here. Never really got to the bottom of it, and I sometimes have this icon of three seats, but sometime I get a side view, showing front and rear seats as if looking from the side of the road towards the car!
It's a mystery...

Have you tried just cycling through the menus? Or pressing "OK" ?

Yeah, I know how to get rid of it once it's up, I just want to make it not pop up. Maybe it's a required safety measure that can't be removed without STAR coding.

Ah ok, thanks mate, it's just starting to irk me that I have to press OK, then UP, UP to get to my MPG. (Trying to see the best I can get out of a whole tank of grandma driving).

I Agree ! Mines a 250 too
BTW I'm new to the Grandma driving this is the 1st Car I've ever had that says anything other than 1 or 2 before the second MPG digit !!
I'm getting 42 around Town and 50 on my only long run
What are you getting and out of interest whats your best ?
Thanks !

Not done motorway yet, as I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago, and I'm off sick at work at the moment but I'm getting 40ish around town from when I reset it when it rolled off the dealership, but I did really take it for a blast for the first few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom