Instrument Cluster with Driver Information.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyW202

Car
2004 Mercedes E270CDI Elegance Saloon, 2004 C200 Kompressor Estate Avantgarde SE Sport Pack
I remember a W210 E300 TD I had, had the a full LCD panel in place of just the mileage/trip computer than my W202 has although that was an avantgarde, not a classic.

The thing is the W202's Dash at the bottom is the same shape as the older screen which gave driver information, like Low Oil, Low screenwasher, bulb failures and reported the actual bulb that had failed, my 202 just has lights for these functions although I say just because more normal cars don't have such a luxury!

Can the W210 instrument clusters be retrofitted? How about the newer ones with the large screen rectangular screen below the speedo, there are two types pre/post facelift, but will either work will the 202 and did the 202 ever get this option?

Hi,
The W202 never had this, but it can be retro fitted, together with multi function steering wheel, though I think you need to use a 208 cluster rather than a 210.
I,m sure there is a how to on the forum somewhere, have a look in the DIY section.

Hi,
The W202 never had this, but it can be retro fitted, together with multi function steering wheel, though I think you need to use a 208 cluster rather than a 210.
I,m sure there is a how to on the forum somewhere, have a look in the DIY section.
210 cluster is actually a better fit in the dashboard IIRC but the fuel gauge runs the wrong way :)

I thought there were issues in calibrating the fuel gauge with a 210 cluster?

I thought there were issues in calibrating the fuel gauge with a 210 cluster?
It literally runs backwards. Solution might be to use 210 tank senders.

W202 has the plastic 2 part tank under the car, 210 has the metal upright tank in the boot. You'd need to be seriously clever to modify the 210 tank sender to fit the 202.

That was assuming a 210 saloon...i guess the 210 estate would be a bit closer...

W202 has the plastic 2 part tank under the car, 210 has the metal upright tank in the boot. You'd need to be seriously clever to modify the 210 tank sender to fit the 202.
Might be easier to use some kind of electronic trickery to reverse the tank level.

I thought there was a way that the tank could be calibrated using STAR,

On my 210 i could only change it from a 65l tank (standard) to a 80l tank (optional) i think those were the figures anyway...

The 208 instrument cluster works perfectly but sticks out of the top of the dash by a couple of inches so needs to have the front cut off and the 202 front put on instead. Proper modding!

Looks like I sparked up a hot topic, there was one on ebay for £30!

Might see what I mean do... Surely it works off resistance so a couple of resistors will fix the fuel guage?

The fuel guage in a 210 reads from 0 ohms at full down to 350 ohms at empty IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom