Instrument Cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparkyme24

Car
Mercedes 2015 saloon bluetec
Mercedes w205 C200 saloon bluetec 2015

Recently I’ve noticed the LCD has got marks on the instrument cluster. No idea how to get rid of them. See picture
1) can the LCD be fixed? If not
2) can only the LCD be replaced? If not
3) can I buy a second hand instrument cluster of ebay and install on my car? If yes is it simple swap or coding is required?
4) if I do swap the cluster with another cluster then settings like car mileage, etc will it transfer over to the replacement cluster ?2B9F57EC-C72F-431C-80E1-255CD3FD741C.jpeg

These are scratches to the LCD anti glare coating.

(This is BTW why I don't let anyone clean the inside of the car... instead I clean it myself)

The cheapest fix is probably to remove the rest of the anti-glare coating altogether (Google it, it's a common fix).

Not sure about whether the LCD can be replaced, or the entire instrument cluster will need replacing.

These are scratches to the LCD anti glare coating.

(This is BTW why I don't let anyone clean the inside of the car... instead I clean it myself)

The cheapest fix is probably to remove the rest of the anti-glare coating altogether (Google it, it's a common fix).

Not sure about whether the LCD can be replaced, or the entire instrument cluster will need replacing.

Yep, overwiped - bit like cleaning sunglasses lenses with a cloth which has tiny dust/dirt particles and the cleaning action has removed the top layer of your screen. - will need a replacement is probably the easiest way to go.

Mercedes w205 C200 saloon bluetec 2015

Recently I’ve noticed the LCD has got marks on the instrument cluster. No idea how to get rid of them. See picture
1) can the LCD be fixed? If not
2) can only the LCD be replaced? If not
3) can I buy a second hand instrument cluster of ebay and install on my car? If yes is it simple swap or coding is required?
4) if I do swap the cluster with another cluster then settings like car mileage, etc will it transfer over to the replacement cluster ?View attachment 97243
I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to fix it?

Remove the display and strip it down until you get to the actual panel. Look for that ref on Ebay and other sources, order. Swap the panel over when it arrives. Probable cost will be circa £ 35 for the part. Easy enough DIY change so long as you are careful with the ribbon cable.

Agree with markjay, clean and remove the anti-glare coating, I had to do this on my Comand screen and got an anti-glare screen from the Bay, very similar to what u put on your mobile phone.

Agree with markjay, clean and remove the anti-glare coating, I had to do this on my Comand screen and got an anti-glare screen from the Bay, very similar to what u put on your mobile phone.
How did you remove the rest of the coating, anti scratch chemicals?

I purchased the Turtlewax headlight restorer for my wife's car and had plenty of the light abrasive fluid left,
and just used that very sparingly, I imagine u could use a very small spot of T-Cut on a dry cloth, just enough to gently clean it up.
Hope this helps

Best to avoid using a black marker pen too once its done. That part looks worse than the part of the screen that looks like it was sneezed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom