instrument display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

and11

Car
ml 430 / CLK320 W208 convertable
Hi been a few years since i have been on here hope you all well
I have just purchased another ml as my 430 finally gave up i now have a 1999 320 w163 auto now my problem is my dash does not have the gear selection display next to the mileage display.
So i got another instrument cluster fitted it gear display lights up but does not show gear position also mileage is showing well over 200'000 nearly double what it should be on this cluster any ideas
Shout at me for asking 2 questions on one post but fitted another trip computer as mine did not work now the new one don't work either thanks to you all

For your new ml, my advice is that you should change the whole display on your dash so as to save yourself the extra cost on continuous repair

Silly question: is it possible that the particular model of W163 that you purchased does not have a gear display? I.e. are you certain it's a fault?

Hi,
If you're new 163 hasn't got tiptronic then I don't believe it is possible to have the display working in the dash.
I think the non tiptronic has a bowden cable interlock to the brake pedal, whereas the tiptronic equipped car the selector is released electrically via the brake light stop switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom