Insurance (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V12

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320CDI LWB
Can I have some recommendations from you younger chaps.

I really need cheap insurance or i am resorting to driving a TD peugeot!!

Help!!

Links would be very useful...;)

Privilege are going to get my money I think.

Elephant, or Tesco's

I sorted a friend insurance 23 on a Boxster, Porsche quoted £18k per year with a £5K excess, Tesco £3k per year with a lot lower excess.

Sainsburys bank also fairly new so may be cheap.

insure.co.uk - good deal on my Volvo, then crap on the Merc, Privilege was good last year, then Churchill this year - £384 (Protected NCB)

HTH

R

You get what you pay for?

I went for Elephant (which is part of Admiral) as they were cheap, but... having read the policy I was dismayed to learn that they include the line that:

If your car is three years old or more, we may decide to repair it with parts which have not been made by the car's manufacturer but are of a similar standard

At the time I had a 5 year old C250 TD, which I have since sold and bought my lovely (slightly less economical) E430 which is only 2 years old.

However, I am glad I didn't have an accident in my previous car as I am sure MB would have loved non-Mb parts being put into it...

-Perhaps it is a standard clause, because otherwise the cover is quite good.

There is practically no point asking which insurer is cheaper because in my experience everyone gets different quotes anyway, I mean WILDLY different quotes. Just call as many as you can, that way you know for definite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom