Insurance and penalty points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Last weekend I spend a couple of hours on all the comparison websites, Directline, A Flux, and one or two other companies getting a quote for my old '98 E280. Last year, Saga charged me £163 fully comp, protected NCB with the wife as named driver. This year that had gone up to £239.

After a good search, I managed to find comparable cover for £191 so I saved the details for arranging it this weekend. This morning I logged back onto the quote, and realised I had omitted to tell them of the 3 penalty points I had for a 1998 SP30 offence.
After putting in the details, strangely the premium went down to £184??
How does that work? I'd expect an increase, not a decrease for an SP30.

They probably thought that collecting points living in Bournemouth confirmed you weren't actually dead..

After putting in the details, strangely the premium went down to £184??
How does that work? I'd expect an increase, not a decrease for an SP30.

I think most insurance frims kinda give people grace for only 3 points, dont go earning another set just to see if im right though :D

The points shouldn't have made a difference as they are considered spent after 3 years (though you usually still need to declare them until the 5th anniversary). I suspect the difference was due to market fluctuations affecting the pricing.

The points shouldn't have made a difference as they are considered spent after 3 years (though you usually still need to declare them until the 5th anniversary). I suspect the difference was due to market fluctuations affecting the pricing.

Cheers Mocas, did'nt read the date of the FPN issue. OP the above is bang on:thumb:

:doh:Actually, I put the wrong date in for the SP30. That should read 2008, not 1998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom