Insurance claim advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pcn1

Car
SL320
I'll keep this brief chaps....
My daily had a small knock, wing and bumper dented, other guys fault.
Admiral passed me over to Axillis, Ive read some not so nice things about how they work.
Axillis Body shop quote is £2300. Car only worth £2000.

I dont want the car written off...so Im thinking of contacting other guys insurance and dealing directly. They may have a cheaper option, or Let them write it off and buy it back from them and fix it myself.

Good idea or not ?

Cheers

Firstly, has the other party's insurer admitted fault? Or is it still in discussion?
If the former then the second option, let them write it off (if indeed they do) and take it from there.

Yes he admitted fault plus I have independent witness.

That's not the same as his insurance company admitting fault and agreeing to cover all costs...

take the money and buy another car, save the hassle and time

I think I'll talk to his insurance and see what they say. I know its a bit of hassle but Im trying to keep options open as to how we settle this.

I don't want to rain on your parade (but I will anyway) Long story short , my wife's car was parked legally on a public highway as we loaded our then (very young) kids into their child seats, guy drives slowly around the corner spends more time looking at my wife's ass than the road (she was dressed to kill that day...another story), he caught our open car door with his front bumper and bent it back causing a few grand's worth of damage to the car. He was an older gentleman who was massively apologetic and was genuinely horrified at what he had done..wife's ass, not damage to her car :D no seriously, you know when someone is genuine in this type of situation.

Did I say this was a short story made long..? or the other way around ?

The upshot was our respective insurances went 50/50 'knock for knock'...that's right, each party involved was equally responsible for the accident.

A motorist runs into a legally parked car and the driver of the parked car is responsible for half of the accident !!!!

I was deeply unimpressed and spoke to my business insurance broker who (not involved in wife's car insurance) said "leave it , they do it all the time, saves on the paperwork, not worth perusing it any further"

I did make sure to check that she had 'no blame' and it did not appear as a 'claim' and she kept her no claims, I guess the apologetic old voyeur got the same treatment.

Moral of the story...don't get too involved for what are relatively small sums (for the insurers) take a deep breath and walk away.

Incidentally , many years ago I tried to buy back a motorcycle I had written off by a gormless driver...never saw the bike again.

Me again..as for not claiming on the insurance (for whatever reason) we had an old Vx Nova stolen. When it was found I asked my mate to go and get it with his grabber lorry and off to the scrappy. I would not claim on the insurance as we were building up no claims.

No chance, the scroats had driven it into the middle of a children's playground and set fire to it, the recovery vehicle the cops summoned was too big to get to it so a 4x4 was summoned to drag the Nova within reach. Recovery cost all in all was (from memory) about £500 over 13 years ago on a £100 car

So insurers became involved....:mad:

I hear you on this. The offender has offered verbally to settle in cash. I may just take him up on it, keep the cash and just drive with a dent in the wing and bumper.
Its only a 14 year old Grand Cherokee, so might give it some off road Kudos !

Long story short , my wife's car was parked legally on a public highway as we loaded our then (very young) kids into their child seats, guy drives slowly around the corner spends more time looking at my wife's ass than the road (she was dressed to kill that day...another story)
I was deeply unimpressed and spoke to my business insurance broker who (not involved in wife's car insurance) said "leave it , they do it all the time, saves on the paperwork, not worth perusing it any further"

Freud would have something to say about this I'm sure.

I don't want to rain on your parade (but I will anyway) Long story short , my wife's car was parked legally on a public highway as we loaded our then (very young) kids into their child seats, guy drives slowly around the corner spends more time looking at my wife's ass than the road (she was dressed to kill that day...another story), he caught our open car door with his front bumper and bent it back causing a few grand's worth of damage to the car. He was an older gentleman who was massively apologetic and was genuinely horrified at what he had done..wife's ass, not damage to her car :D no seriously, you know when someone is genuine in this type of situation.

Did I say this was a short story made long..? or the other way around ?

The upshot was our respective insurances went 50/50 'knock for knock'...that's right, each party involved was equally responsible for the accident.

A motorist runs into a legally parked car and the driver of the parked car is responsible for half of the accident !!!!

I did make sure to check that she had 'no blame' and it did not appear as a 'claim' and she kept her no claims, I guess the apologetic old voyeur got the same treatment.

Moral of the story...don't get too involved for what are relatively small sums (for the insurers) take a deep breath and walk away.

Incidentally , many years ago I tried to buy back a motorcycle I had written off by a gormless driver...never saw the bike again.
I think the insurers may have been correct if your wife was dressed to kill and bending over, did you have to send pictures for assessment [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back on topic...... the 3rd party has settled with me directly. All things considered this was best solution.
Now I can take my Grand Cherokee to a off-road pay and play site and not worry about any dents, its all ready got one !

To conclude this story the 3rd party settled directly with me in cash. I told Auxillis within the cooling off period (plus no rental car had been accepted by me) so thats stopped.
I actualy recieved a letter from his insurance asking me to deal with them directly, that Id get a car etc and no credit agreement to sign. They were keen to aviod the likes of Auxillis !
What I have learned is if Im ever in a accident again is to ask Admiral to deal directly on my behalf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom