Insurance Companies Charges.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi phoned my ins. company yesterday to inform them that I had changed my wheels. The extra cost was £5.00 and the admin fee was £35.00, I won't say who the insurance company was but I was a bit pi**ed off that they charge that amount for something as trivial as that. It is not as though it improves performance. No complaints about the £5.00 but the charge for the admin fee.
Gripe Over.

Hi
I have just received an email from my insurance company to say that they are now not charging for this amendment. A bit hasty on moaning about the charge.

So no complaints (at the moment).

I had an insurance company refuse to insure me because of non standard wheels, they classed it as a modification :dk:

I had an insurance company refuse to insure me because of non standard wheels, they classed it as a modification :dk:
What would you class non-standard wheels as, then? :dk:

Last edited:
not fitted at the factory or at the supplying dealer before collection :wallbash:
So... a modification, surely? We must be at crossed purposes, so apologies if I am being a bit thick.

Some insurers will offer cover, some wont. Best bet (IMHO) is full disclosure and let them lose the business if they don't want it.

The counter argument is that drivers who replace the original wheels are more likely to be 'petrolheads' and as such will typically drive faster which will increase the risk (compared to your aunt Mabel, that is).

Additionally nice shiny wheels make the car more attractive to thieves, or even just the nice shiny wheels themselves which will be of greater interest to thieves than the original drab grey 16" fitments.

It's all about statistical calculation of risk, you see. They have lots and lots of people in grey suits and sharp pencils working out these things.

The counter argument is that drivers who replace the original wheels are more likely to be 'petrolheads' and as such will typically drive faster which will increase the risk (compared to your aunt Mabel, that is).

Additionally nice shiny wheels make the car more attractive to thieves, or even just the nice shiny wheels themselves which will be of greater interest to thieves than the original drab grey 16" fitments.

It's all about statistical calculation of risk, you see. They have lots and lots of people in grey suits and sharp pencils working out these things.
Yep, bob on there. It's a combination of what 'they' call moral and physical hazards.

16" wheels are for customers of Carlos Fandango .

Some of us are happily running around on 13" and 14" wheels .

Hi
I have just received an email from my insurance company to say that they are now not charging for this amendment. A bit hasty on moaning about the charge.

So no complaints (at the moment).

Hi, I can complain now as they did charge me, bas*ards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom