Insurance company charging me for non-fault accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

i've got a bit of a problem with my car insurance. (Admiral)

I was quoted £566 for insurance with no accidents.

I phoned up to pay for it as it wouldnt let me pay online for some reason.... they then told me that because i was involved in a non-fault accident last year (a motorbike rode into the side of me) the price is an extra £100.

I spoke to the "manager" who told me it was because of statistics etc and now i'm more likely to be in an accident....

what can i do - he wouldnt match the original price and was willing to loose the business because of it.
The best he said he could do is match me half way and reduce it to £50 extra.

Why should I have to pay for this? The Third Party's insurers paid for everything............... it shows up as a NON FAULT claim, NO PAYOUT and doesnt affect NCB.... but i still get charged?!

insurance is due in a couple of days time & i'm pretty annoyed at this - if i have to i'll pay it (but NOT to admiral)....

i'd appricate anyone's view on this.

Just obtain another quote but be clear about the accident. You may find all insurers impose a loading, but then again maybe not.

Simply shop else where!

Plenty of other insurers will want your business.

Move on!!

Simply shop else where!

Plenty of other insurers will want your business.

MOVE ON DEFFO! Even if the new company increases your premium because of the accident [which you must declare] even if not your fault, the "NEW BUSINESS DISCOUNT" which all companies offer to snare new customers should at least offset that.

I was surprised to find this last time I renewed my insurance but it does make a difference and is taken into consideration by many companies.

I was particularly miffed as my accident was caused by a neighbour backing into my car while I was indoors having a cup of tea :D

If you haven't already, try www.confused.com

I was surprised to find this last time I renewed my insurance but it does make a difference and is taken into consideration by many companies.

I was particularly miffed as my accident was caused by a neighbour backing into my car while I was indoors having a cup of tea :D

They are very good.

Definitely move on, can't stand that bleedin know all parrot anyway:D :D

... because i was involved in a non-fault accident last year (a motorbike rode into the side of me) the price is an extra £100.

As already mentioned, "no accidents" means literally that. You must declare everything, regardless of whether it was your fault or whether there was a claim (those are the next questions they ask).

Statistically, no-fault claims DO affect insurance risk to some degree.

done about 5 other quotes since i posted. NO other company (ended up with directline) charges me extra aslong as i state it wasnt my fault. Price is the same, if i put it as Non Fault Accident or if i dont mention it at all - which i would expect.

i would always declare the accidents - but dont expect to be charged for something that was no fault, and proven to be no fault.....

Only admerial, elephant and all other Admiral companies are charging me the extra £100 odd.

cheers for all the advice.

i did that, plus moneysupermarket & gocompare - cheapest was around the £700 mark.

doing it myself thru DirectLine and a few others got the price to £630.

Insuring wife's car last year; got the cheapest via confused.com - then entred in the same details direct & it was £30 cheaper.....

its good to find the overall cheaper companies but i deffo recommend entering the details in again and seeing what it comes up with.

All crazy! :rolleyes:

i would always declare the accidents - but dont expect to be charged for something that was no fault, and proven to be no fault.....

Most companies probably won't weight for a single one. But in general they're interested because there is a risk of having to pay out on an incident that's not your fault (if the other party can't be traced for example, or isn't insured). So someone with a history of them is likely to be charged a higher premium.

Only admerial, elephant and all other Admiral companies are charging me the extra £100 odd.

If people are experiencing a loss as a result of higher insurance premiums after a no-fault claim then they should in principle be able to claim that back as part of no fault insurance claim.

hi

i've got a bit of a problem with my car insurance. (Admiral)

I phoned up to pay for it as it wouldnt let me pay online for some reason.... they then told me that because i was involved in a non-fault accident last year (a motorbike rode into the side of me) the price is an extra £100.

I spoke to the "manager" who told me it was because of statistics etc and now i'm more likely to be in an accident....

what can i do - he wouldnt match the original price and was willing to loose the business because of it.
The best he said he could do is match me half way and reduce it to £50 extra.

Why should I have to pay for this? The Third Party's insurers paid for everything............... it shows up as a NON FAULT claim, NO PAYOUT and doesnt affect NCB.... but i still get charged?!

insurance is due in a couple of days time & i'm pretty annoyed at this - if i have to i'll pay it (but NOT to admiral)....

i'd appricate anyone's view on this.

This has just happened to me ! Car insurance increased to £700 per annum about 10 months ago but I have only just got round to enquiring as I know when I phone Zurich I am put on to a call centre to India, then when I do eventually get through I am transferred from department to department. They never seem to understand what I am talking about .... and I can never understand what they are saying...its a ridiculous situation. I have to constantly ask for the call centre employee to repeat what they are saying. The sooner companies realise there are communication issues arising with using Indian call centres the better...but thats probably for another thread !
...Any way I was eventually put through ( after 50 minutes ) to a Glasgow call centre as the Indian call centre was at a loss as to what to do..After a further 20 minutes on the phone I was advised that I had a fault against me :confused: even though a motorbike hit the rear of my car and his insurance company admitted liability and paid for the repairs !!! ...just as I was going to launch into them my cordless Binatone land line phones battery died as I had been on the phone for so long ( nearly one and a half hours ).....I eventually changed my insurance to Sainsburys....not only £300 cheaper per annum, but they pride themselves on customer care, and to me that is so important in this day and age of limited leisure time. I suspect everyone else does not have an hour and a half to deal with what should have been a simple enquiry.
I could take the matter further, but to be quite honest I dont have the faith in their employees to deal with the issue and all it would result in would be me getting highly stressed and it would steal valuable time out of the day.

Customers should vote with their feet and use forums like this, magazine reports and the internet for advice on service providers.

For a No Fault Accident to go on your record as a Fault claim beggars belief. I believe it is theft, fraud, mismanagement, incompetence, and downright deceitful..........:mad: :mad:

Ahhh, www.confused.com That will be that price comparison website owned by.....Admiral Group.

try here if you dont believe me.

haha - i've always suspected this as their TV adverts all share a similar style

... I am put on to a call centre to India, then when I do eventually get through I am transferred from department to department. They never seem to understand what I am talking about .... and I can never understand what they are saying...its a ridiculous situation. I have to constantly ask for the call centre employee to repeat what they are saying. The sooner companies realise there are communication issues arising with using Indian call centres the better...but thats probably for another thread !

Call me a cynic but could this be part of the grand plan? How many people just give up because they cannot understand/be understood? I'm willing to wager well over 50%. And of course, you are paying (some or all) the cost of the call anyway. IMHO it is all part of putting people off! :crazy:

I'm with Tesco, they have always been very good to me :)

EDIT: And you get clubcard points - bonus! ;)

Call me a cynic but could this be part of the grand plan? How many people just give up because they cannot understand/be understood? I'm willing to wager well over 50%. And of course, you are paying (some or all) the cost of the call anyway. IMHO it is all part of putting people off! :crazy:

Yes you are absolutely right, I never thought of it like that and by god I am a cynic !

It its very bad service, and as I said I think people will just vote with their feet and go elsewhere instead of the battle . There is just not the time in peoples days....so if anyone is thinking of going with Zurich I would definitely NOT recommend them, they are as use as a chocolate tea pot.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom