Insurance Company Confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

engmpoll

Car
Soon the be an E63 Owner
Hi all, after some pointers on how not to lose my mind with my insurance company!

Before I put a deposit down on my new E63, I got an online quote from a price comparison website underwritten by my current insurer. Not surprisingly they came out the cheapest, £630 ish, right I thought i'll put my deposit down. Now several months later the car arrives next week, so I checked again online and still the same price and the quote is still live. Rang them today to discuss further and to arrange and ran into a problem. My current car insurance cost £500 in July for the year, so I was expecting a small price increase for the remaining 7 months and the obligatory admin fee. Oh no, they wanted £678 for the rest of the year. More than a 12 month policy?!?! Ehhh, how is that even possible? The guy was useless and totally non understanding but has referred me to the pricing team after much arm twisting.

Surely if I can prove my online quote is genuine, current and still live and has their name all over it then they should stick to there end of the bargain. Yes I know they'll be some price changes due to details, but £678?

Just when you thought you had it all worked out!

Take out the new policy,cancel the old one,should get rebate too,assuming it's paid for and
not on an installment scheme.

Yeah I know it sounds simple but I have both cars on a multicar policy which saves me 10 to 15%, hence my reluctance to take that option. I'll see what the pricing team say.

The quote you received online through a price comparison website is not the policy you already have. Either negotiate hard or take out the new policy. Unless the 10-15% you say you save with multi-car equates to more than £630 then taking out the new policy is still going to be cheaper.

Don't let it ruin the excitement: make sure you Enjoy your new car!

90 mins on the phone this morning pulling out what little hair I have left. Bottom line, cancelled my old multi car for both vehicles and took out a new multicar, which they told me I couldnt do yesterday! Waived the cancellation and admin fee too! I guess they had the ijits manning the phones yesterday. Plus I got the E63 30 quid cheaper! Calm persaverance wins the day!

I had to do exactly the same thing with admiral last month. It's infuriating.

Admiral, Elephant and all the other Admiral linked insurance companies are a nightmare to deal with. I vowed a while ago never to use them again after a multitude of disagreements over their weird insurance pricing.

David

Last edited:
Admiral, Elephant and all the other Admiral linked insurance companies are a nightmare to deal with. I vowed a while ago never to use them again after a multitude of disagreements over their weird insurance pricing.

David

They were fine with my kids from 21 to 25 but with both of them the premium leapt up when they renewed at 25 - I was always told insurance went down at 25!

Even with "loyalty" discount, they were way out both times and we've never gone back. I agree with what you said - weird.

David

Not my experience Admiral have been brilliant when JSWMBO car got written off by a foreign lorry driver they paid out in 3 weeks. I have all my cars with them. Each year we go through the same ritual I get the lowest quote either multi car or separate ring them up and they match it or beat it simples now been with them 5 years and cant find cheaper for our fleet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom