insurance company have put the wrong claim down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pagzzy

hi guys

my dads having a few issues with his insurance company. to cut it short his existing company have put a claim on his car which did not occur and now the new company wants him to pay a premium for the claim that did not happen.

what can he do to have the claim takin off as his current insurance company is telling him to take a hike as there is nothing he can do

what can he do to have the claim takin off as his current insurance company is telling him to take a hike as there is nothing he can do

He can ask the insurers for proof of the disputed claim.

If he is still unhappy then he can take it to the Insurance Ombudsman.

I think you may find that before the insurance ombudsman will look at a complaint you will have to go through the insurance companies official complaints procedure. To do this you need to write to the insurance company outlining your complaint and request an official complaint number for your records. Some companies will accept your official complaint over the phone and issue you with a number. I find it amazing sometimes when you ask to be out through to the complaints dept how suddenly they become helpful.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom