Insurance covernote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mayoga

Car
CLK 320 & Elise LB RT
Hi All

I'm picking a new CLK320 tomorrow but I've just been told the cover note has the wrong registration :crazy:

The insurance company have offered to fax the garage a cover note tomorrow morning, but I'm wondering if this would be accepted by the post office?

Cheers

Gav.

Originally posted by mayoga
The insurance company have offered to fax the garage a cover note tomorrow morning, but I'm wondering if this would be accepted by the post office?

I've got away with it before, but it's not suppossed to work.

No tax for a few days is not a major crime.

Graham,

Cheers. I guess it's down to a garage as well?

Gav.

It really hacks me off as I was really carefull when I took out the policy.

They only got the "f" and "s" wrong:(

Gav.

>> From now on they're the Foxtrot and Sierra!

The sad thing is I did that :crazy:

Gav.

If it's a brand new car it shouldn't matter. The dealer can register and tax it without your insurance somehow, they done this with mine. They will need to see your insurance before they let you drive away in it though.

Tell the insurance compny to send the original covernote to the garage by Royal Mail Special Delivery. Next day before 12 guaranteed

Forgot to mention the garage took the incorrect cover note to the post office and they didn't check it correctly, so I got my tax :)

Cheers

Gav.

Dealers dont run round to the nearest P>Office to tax a new car-they do it themselves.Look at the stamp on the disc when you get it,it will have "dealer" stamped on it.

Also found out last week that the DVLA have banned insurance companies from faxing insurance documents to dealers becuase of the tax issue. Cover notes are OK to fax, but not certificates etc they told me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom