Insurance Dropped Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Help
My Broker Footman James (AON) has just written to me stating that they cannot renew my insurance on my C55 estate (it was with RSA)

They say that this is due to a change in their policy and advise that I should look for another insurer. I have three cars insured with FJ and have been with them for 20 years, so I am not too impressed.

Any recommendations for insuring a C55 Estate?

you could try Chris Knott, i was with Aviva and they wanted a £650 excess for my Merc where crist Knott matched the quote and only a £250 excess (have had a couple of cars with them)

Aviva.

Nearly £300 cheaper than Admiral for my E55 and my girlfriend's Skoda Fabia.

I'd look at getting all your cars on a decent family fleet policy. Am surprised at FJ and RSA for not offering you something, albeit with different terms.

If you get stuck, feel free to PM me. It's sort of in my field.

you could try Chris Knott, i was with Aviva and they wanted a £650 excess for my Merc where crist Knott matched the quote and only a £250 excess (have had a couple of cars with them)

Sorry, cannot recommend them after a change of vehicle to my current Merc from a Volvo of similar value but with a lot more power, they quoted me substantially more. I also had problems when someone, either maliciously or mistakenly made a false claim against me regarding an accident which I knew I wasn't involved in. I had to keep chasing them to see what was happening as it was going to affect my renewal premium and not once did they call with any updates, in spite of my repeated requests. Of course the statutory 6 month period before they could close the case just happened to fall a few weeks after renewal. I did eventually get the renewal increase refunded though.

The only information they could give me about the 'supposed' accident was very vague details of what was supposed to have happened, a name of a person who was 'supposedly' driving my car and the date. No name of the third party driver, location or the name of the other insurance company. :dk: Surely this is the whole idea of using a broker?

If you do use a price comparison site, beware that some are owned and run by insurance companies. I found that using Google to check for reviews of insurance companies was useful. Admiral reviews are worth checking before hand.

Bizarre for a broker not to cover your car :dk: :confused:

I switched the SL to Admiral this year. Some of the majors wouldn't quote on cars with any mods.

Aviva an Directline are both AMG friendly

Gents

Many thanks. I am not sure why ? The letter gives no reason other than "a change in policy"

I will call around your recommended sites on Monday. Thanks again.

Gents

Many thanks. I am not sure why ? The letter gives no reason other than "a change in policy"

I will call around your recommended sites on Monday. Thanks again.

Call FJ and suggest you may have to move the fleet.

At least you were told. Eagle star stopped a policy of mine years ago, when I moved into a new house and couldn't get the car in the garage, without telling me. I only found out when I phoned them up wanting a green card only to be told that the policy had been cancelled two weeks before.

I think a lot of insurance companies start cherry picking at times hence the massive variations when you go on the comparison sites

Hi bruce
try
adrian flux and aviva
flux should be competitive
aviva will insure you and give good cover - they are good on multicar policies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom