Insurance for a Classic Car without a garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Family member has a 1993 Sierra Cosworth which has appreciated in value over the years. Previously, he was able to insure it on his drive (he doesn't have a garage) and all was well. This year, all insurance companies have insisted it has to be garaged overnight as the value has increased substantially. Obviously he's happy with the valuation but currently is using my garage which is a pain. He is contemplating getting a garage built but it's difficult in the current climate and I don't want it sitting here for months on end.

Does anyone have a classic or agreed value car that doesn't need to be garaged overnight? Which insurance companies do you use?

Try Classic Line, we recently moved to them after having some issues with previous insurer and having one of the Imps on a drive. Found them to be excellent, very fast at replying and confirmed details in email and on the policy.

He just needs to call around. Someone will cover it.

Regardless of the insurance situation, I’m not sure I’d want to leave a Sierra Cosworth un-garaged for very long - for the obvious issue of theft and deterioration in the outside elements especially in the damp/winter months.

Regardless of the insurance situation, I’m not sure I’d want to leave a Sierra Cosworth un-garaged for very long - for the obvious issue of theft and deterioration in the outside elements especially in the damp/winter months.

Much better to pay the ~£200 (or?) month for storage as it will + at other end.

Thanks gents. Rust wise, it has had it all cut out and is rust free + has been treated. I know it could well come back but it's been out on the drive for a few years and no issues with either corrosion or theft. I'll pass on the suggestions, I think it will end up being in his garage once built, I just hope it can go on the drive in the meantime.

Being nicked wouldn't be a bad this (in my view) as it's valued more than I would pay for it lol

Family member has a 1993 Sierra Cosworth which has appreciated in value over the years. Previously, he was able to insure it on his drive (he doesn't have a garage) and all was well. This year, all insurance companies have insisted it has to be garaged overnight as the value has increased substantially. Obviously he's happy with the valuation but currently is using my garage which is a pain. He is contemplating getting a garage built but it's difficult in the current climate and I don't want it sitting here for months on end.

Does anyone have a classic or agreed value car that doesn't need to be garaged overnight? Which insurance companies do you use?

I use Admiral and they cover driveway for classic cars and offer agreed valuations too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom