Insurance for Daughter - Admiral, Elephant, Diamond, Bell?

Insurance recomendations? (You can pick more than one)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevesey

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa 156 1.8TS
These 4 are by far the cheapest for a 17/18 year old - any experiences, good, bad or otherwise before I sign up?

errrr...you do realise they're all the same company, don't you?

They do quote slightly different rates, but if you call one of them they can see quotes in the other's system (I have a feeling you're actually calling the same people) and can match them.

One of my daughter's was always with Admiral but the premium jumped up stupidly when she was 25 so went elsewhere. The other is still with Bell. Touch wood, neither has claimed so no idea how they do when called upon.

This poll makes no sense as policy's are based on so many things. Just because one company is cheaper for me, doesnt mean it will be for you/your daughter.

Rory - Suspected they were all the same (so many of them are) - haven't been calling anyone though, letting the meerkat do the work.

Karl - not just thinking about cost - customer experience as well - should have said that. But if these 4 are all the some I doubt customer experience will be much different.

That said experiences welcome.

Rory - Suspected they were all the same (so many of them are) - haven't been calling anyone though, letting the meerkat do the work.

Karl - not just thinking about cost - customer experience as well - should have said that. But if these 4 are all the some I doubt customer experience will be much different.

That said experiences welcome.

Ah, well the rule of thumb is, the more cheaper/value the company, the worse the customer service...

Have you tried Priviledge? I shop around each year for insurance and found them to offer the best deal this year.

they are all the same company. go with the cheapest.

however..... be aware that it is the Admiral Group's policy to increase premium if you are in a non-fault accident, as they see you as a greater risk.... something most others dont do.

however if its cheapest and you have little choice due to the age of the driver, then i'd go with it.

they suited me until i had a non fault claim and they tried to screw me upon renewal, for which i've not been with them since.

Ah, well the rule of thumb is, the more cheaper/value the company, the worse the customer service...

I haven't the luxury to worry to worry about niceities like good customer service as i'm into too much rectal pain from trying simply to to get a cheap quote and stop getting sodomized by them:devil:
I couldn't give a fig if they had Gordon Ramsay and Simon Cowell as their Customer Service advisors.I just want cheap.

Neither Quinn Insurance was 20% cheaper than any of those you have listed for my 17 year old daughter £853 for an Audi A3 1.6 as a learner no premium change when she passes her test all in her own name unbeatable:bannana:

From those that you have listed, Diamond should be the cheapest, because they specialize for car insurance for women...I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's what they claim.

You may also try Direct Line, but in any case don't expect cheap quotes, because being 17/18 and having a car is almost impossible in this country, unless you are willing to pay stupid amounts of money. I have heard people paying as much as £300 A MONTH...

because being 17/18 and having a car is almost impossible in this country, unless you are willing to pay stupid amounts of money. I have heard people paying as much as £300 A MONTH...

Only if you are male Insurance for girls aged 17/18 is relativley cheap as long as you are in reasonable area

Also don't look at the usual car, things like VW Golfs, Audi A3, BMW Compact, Mercedes A Class are much cheaper to insure than 1.0 litre Polo's, corsa, saxo etc as both me and Ringway found out, you just have to know how the insurance companies assess risk and then play them at their own game

See my post above £853 per year TPF&T is bloody good value in my book:thumb:

Steve-all the same company, I assume you have gone through a price comparison site (aggregator as they are known in the business).

Another piece of advice is to try getting a quote on the insurers site directly to see if its any cheaper.

Service wise I was with them (admiral), and never claimed but for calls/arrange stuff they were ok.

I'm with Admiral. Was with Bell. Same thing. The policies are identical. Ring the second cheapest and tell them the best price the guy in the office next to him has given you and ask him to beat it(they share the same offices!). Worked for me.

I went with Admiral for my 21 yr old daughter, changed to a multi car policy and put both my name and my wifes on her insurance as named drivers and got the quote down from over £700, to mid £200's the advice is to speak to a real person, they can and will do deals, mind you 3 conversations with 3 people at Admiral resulted in 3 differing quotes, which goes to show the ammount of flexi bility the advisors have. hope this helps

Only if you are male Insurance for girls aged 17/18 is relativley cheap as long as you are in reasonable area

Also don't look at the usual car, things like VW Golfs, Audi A3, BMW Compact, Mercedes A Class are much cheaper to insure than 1.0 litre Polo's, corsa, saxo etc as both me and Ringway found out, you just have to know how the insurance companies assess risk and then play them at their own game

Agree with all of that Ian.

I found Primo One Insurance on this forum and they are excellent. LINK.

Well, yeah agreed. The overall quote depends on many things, not just the company and the car...

Neither Quinn Insurance was 20% cheaper than any of those you have listed for my 17 year old daughter £853 for an Audi A3 1.6 as a learner no premium change when she passes her test all in her own name unbeatable:bannana:
Hmm - NQ = £1776 TP&T on a 1.1 206 (with parents as names drivers to help bring it down). And if I get a quote for having passed her test (and doing pass plus it goes up to £3820!!). What's your post code Ian SW1A 1AA?;)

Gone with Admiral £890 fully comp as a learner, having done some quotes I expect this to go up to by £250 when she passes.

Hopefully we won't need to test the customer service.

Steve-all the same company, I assume you have gone through a price comparison site (aggregator as they are known in the business).

Another piece of advice is to try getting a quote on the insurers site directly to see if its any cheaper.

Service wise I was with them (admiral), and never claimed but for calls/arrange stuff they were ok.

Another tip would be to check all coverage, third party, fire and theft AND fully comp.
Its surprising now that some third party policies cost more than fully comp!
I guess the insurance companies tried to get wise as more people just think that third party is the cheapest and compare just this cover between different companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom