Insurance help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maco

Car
2021 A220D AMG Executive Saloon.
Did post in the insurance forum, but don’t think it’s used much.

Thought I’d ask on here about which insurance will be best for me, instead of ringing around & getting drawn into boring convos with insurance companies.

So me and partner own a MB E250, she uses it for work but I use it most weekends & sometimes through the week if I’m travelling to watch the football or going long distance.
I also have my own van, only used for social. Ride motorbikes on a weekend so that’s really the only reason for having a van.

Now it gets complicated, for work I run my own hire company. At the minute my father in law gives me a hand with his van & trailer.
Soon as I get Xmas/new year out the way I’m going to be buying a flatbed pickup for work but for obvious reasons won’t want to be using it as my daily run around so I will be keeping my Berlingo for social use. I also have access to numerous vans/pickups I could use for work due to a family member running a builders yard.

I was thinking maybe a traders policy would be the best option, meaning I wouldn’t need to insurance my 3 vehicles individually & would also have the option to drive other vehicles that I didn’t need own.

Insuring all cars/vans individually isn’t an option really as I’m only 23, last years van insurance cost me just short of £1000 & £400 As a named driver for the merc. So id be looking at well over £2000 to insurance all 3.

What’s my options?

Pick up the phone and ask the experts, not us keyboard warriors, use your free minutes.

Was hoping there would be someone on here who had a bit of an idea, can’t be done with them insurance lot

You'll get conflicting advice and no real answer on here.
Insurance is based purely on personal circumstances.
What and where one person gets a good deal could be the total opposite for someone else and vice versa.

Might not of explained myself properly mate, not wanting to know who the best or cheapest is. Just needing to know what type of policy provides the cover I’m after

I was thinking maybe a traders policy would be the best option, meaning I wouldn’t need to insurance my 3 vehicles individually & would also have the option to drive other vehicles that I didn’t need own.

No idea if that would work for you.

For our commercial policies it's not an open book, vehicles have to be added and removed as required, the policy does not cover us to drive other peoples vehicles but a sole trader policy may allow you, no idea.

As has been said, pick up the phone and speak to a broker, we have used the same broker for 30 years. ;)

No idea if that would work for you.

For our commercial policies it's not an open book, vehicles have to be added and removed as required, the policy does not cover us to drive other peoples vehicles but a sole trader policy may allow you, no idea.

As has been said, pick up the phone and speak to a broker, we have used the same broker for 30 years. ;)

Think this is something like my father in law has, traders policy allows him to add or remove his main uses of transport. So it covers him to drive his car & van, but then allows him to drive other vehicles third party as long as they have insurance policies on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom