Insurance increase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have Admiral multi-car and touch wood so far the premiums have always decreased. And they were pretty good to start with, not the cheapest but one of the few who would cover my slightly modded Alfa without issue.
About to check Admiral - in the past their quotes haven't been competitive for us. Maybe they'll surprise us this year.

I have spent the last 12 years or so bouncing every so often between Aviva and Privilege. This year Privilege are higher than Churchill - in the past for us when going to the UK Insurance Group companies then Privilege were cheaper than Direct Line who were cheaper than Churchill.

At least this year I can get quotes from Privilege without phoning - last time I used it their online setup couldn't resolve our address (despite having had previous policies with them).

One thing to watch is the automatic valuation of cars - two of the sites I have tried have put in an automatic valuation which is well below the cost of buying a similar mileage car from a dealer - and looks more like a trade in value than a replacement value.

We have Admiral multi-car and touch wood so far the premiums have always decreased. And they were pretty good to start with, not the cheapest but one of the few who would cover my slightly modded Alfa without issue.

I tried an Admiral quote - for some reason they really just don't like us - or perhaps it is where we live - they've always been really high - they're way above the Aviva renewal - both quotes on an equivalent multicar setup.

Just had my renewal through for my Insurance it seems to have jumped 13% this year. whilst I expect it to gradually increase each year, this does seem rather excessive given the rate of inflation at the moment. Anyone else had any sharp increases in their premiums.
Yes mine rose by over £200 at renewal, so went elsewhere and got everything included for the same price that my prev was without the extras. Shop around..Meerkats, Fat Singer etc 😷👌

The quotes do seem to fluctuate over time, the latest that I heard is that early quotes are cheaper than leaving it to the last minute although your experience differs.

The credit checks are usually in respect of taking a credit agreement in order to pay monthly, I really don't think that they influence the quote itself.
Edit, looked online and apparently credit score can have an effect, who knew?
The only credit check done is a ‘soft’ search used for identity verification IIRC?

The only credit check done is a ‘soft’ search used for identity verification IIRC?
It is a soft search but the data seems to be used in a way that I didn’t expect either:

Unless you 'pay monthly' in which case what you are actually doing is signing a credit agreement and taking out a loan to pay off the insurance straight away, and then pay usually a high rate for the interest . I think?

So in that case they might do a credit check

Unless you 'pay monthly' in which case what you are actually doing is signing a credit agreement and taking out a loan to pay off the insurance straight away, and then pay usually a high rate for the interest . I think?

So in that case they might do a credit check
They always do a ‘soft’ credit check when you get a quotation.

Renewals for me have always gone up get on the phone to them threatening to cancel all my policies they soon come up with a better deal i knocked £180 just by phoning, at the end of the day they all try it on 🤗

Well my car insurance is up next month and of course I have had the emails from all the comparison sites and the strange thing is some are way to expensive some are near the mark,and dear old Shiela's wheels who I am with just sent me a quote £2 .50 cheaper than last year so I will let it renew.

Both my house insurance & car insurance actually went down this year, that's a first. OK, both by only 15 quid or so but I still shopped around & managed to get my car insurance down to 145 quid from 330 with the same cover :oops: It's an annual game they all play (although not this year for me, strangely) and they rely on the lazy to not shop around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom