Insurance... it pays to be new!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
So I needed to renew one of my insurances... went to a popular comparison site, went through the process and got my quotes... £205.65 comp...

As I didn't have my card with me at the time, I decided to wait until I got home. When I got home, I realised I had made a mistake, and had put 3 years NCB instead of 4...

No problem, I quickly ammended that (changed nothing else) so that I now had 4 years NCB and clicked on compare again... suddenly the cheapest quote I got was £288.91!

Is it just me, or does this make no sense?

M.

It's personal............they are out to get you.......

In all seriousness that doesn't make sense....

Didnt you make a claim with your accident with the bike?

If my memory serves me correctly, that wasnt 4 years ago.

I made a claim for an accident with my car (third party was on a bike) - well, actually, I claimed against his insurance... got a letter from my solicitors just last month actually! Still waiting to hear about getting my car repaired (since then, I've always gotten fully comp...)

Also, that was on the car insurance, lost my car's NCB but would have still kept my motorbike's one... as they are on totally different policies...

Either way, it was in 2005 ;) Time flies :)

M.

Last edited:
maybe pricing quotes change depending on where u do the search from... lol.. change of search location possibly changes all the factors.. who knows lol

Out of interest, was the '4 year' quote with the same company as the '3 year' one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom