Insurance No claim issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amo

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Hello All,

Hope someone can shed some light and direct me to someone who can help with my situation.

I owned a CLK prior to my W211 and was insured with Adrian Flux until Jan 2011, in Jan 2011 i stop my cover with Adrian flux (I had 8 years No claim bonus uptil now) and took out a sperate policy on W211 as Private hire. Then in 2012 I was told that if i do not use my no claim by Jan 2013 i would loose them. At this point I had a car under classic car cover which i decided to cover via Adrian Flux using my no claim bonus however they mentioned even though its not classic car policy, the insurer will not give me any extra no claim bonus however required me to provide proof of my Bonus and was assured that I can use the 8 yrs of bonus after this policy.

Now i have stopped my cover on 2nd car and want to insure my W211 as normal policy with my No claim Bonus and have been told that as this is older than 2 years I cannot use my bonus anymore. Even Adrian flux are not willing to help me at all.

My questions for your guys are:

1 - Is there any one I can speak to about using my "expired" no claim bonus...In the time i haven't had "standard" policy, I havent made any claims under Private Hire cover or Classic car cover.

2 - if all else fails, how can I take any Action against Adrian Flux for providing incorrect information and false selling.

Many Thanks
Amo

Do you have info in writing from Adrian Flux? If not I think you're onto a looser..

"No claims bonus expiry dates – how long do they last?
A no claims bonus doesn’t usually have an expiry date. However if you take a break from driving and don’t have any insurance for several months you may find it more difficult to use your existing no claims discounts when you need to renew.

While there is no set expiry date for your no claims, most insurers will only accept proof of your no claims discount if your previous policy expired less than 2 years ago.

Some insurers may only accept no claims for up to 12 months after your previous policy has ended while others allow up to 3 years, so make sure to shop around to check if you can use your no claims if you've had a gap without cover. "

No Claims Bonus: Your Questions Answered | money.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom