Insurance (not from Overseas Call centre if pos) suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjc

Good afternoon All!

Just bought a W124 320 Coupe (1993), really nice looking car, drives fine etc will post more when I have had time to look at it. Bit of an impulse as already have a V220 (mine) and Golf 4motion (wife), it was just too good to miss and I have liked this, and the CL's for years.
Just thinking about insuring it now, drove home on 3rd party cover. As a third car it wont do an awful lot of miles, even though it is a lot more enjoyable to drive than the v220. Can anybody suggest a good competitive insurance company / broker? The car will be fitted with a cat1 alarm, or cat2 immobiliser and a DanTrack Interactive (Tracking) system with stolen KeyGuard, Remote Engine Immobilisation and Remote Alarm Reporting. (Unit it Thatcham cat q (EVQ880)) and will be Cat 5 when the criteria is released. Needless to say, everything possible will be put in a thief’s way - if they do get it, with the Keys - then they shouldn’t have it for long!

Please email me through the forum or directly on [email protected]

Many thanks and a Happy Christmas / December / New Year Break. :p ;) :p ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
SJC,

Welcome to the gang.

There's loads of insurance companies which will insure you on the same policy, fully comp, with your full no claims on 2 cars - the idea being that you can only drive 1 at a time!

Taking it one step further, you can also get companies who will insure you and Mrs SJC on 3 cars - keeping full no claims.

These might be the most sensible option for you.

Dare I ask what colour it is? And before anyone else jumps in ... have you got any pics you can post?

Welcome again, and a very happy xmas/new year to you & Mrs SJC - and congrats on a quality choice (colour possibly excepting :D ).

Kinky

No offence intended, your alarm system sounds very impressive but are you just trying to promote your company/products or do you genuinely want recommendations for insurance?

I only have praise for Direct Line, best quote and always very helpful and friendly on the phone, cover notes for courtesy cars are no problem and arrive next day. Never had to claim yet so I cant comment on how they handle that.

You do indeed require properly arranged bespoke cover. (There is a special place in hell reserved for all those who run an insurance call centre.)

Try Aon Private Clients 01483 706000.

sjc said:
Good afternoon All!

Just bought a W124 320 Coupe (1993), really nice looking car, drives fine etc will post more when I have had time to look at it. Bit of an impulse as already have a V220 (mine) and Golf 4motion (wife), it was just too good to miss and I have liked this, and the CL's for years.
Just thinking about insuring it now, drove home on 3rd party cover. As a third car it wont do an awful lot of miles, even though it is a lot more enjoyable to drive than the v220. Can anybody suggest a good competitive insurance company / broker? The car will be fitted with a cat1 alarm, or cat2 immobiliser and a DanTrack Interactive (Tracking) system with stolen KeyGuard, Remote Engine Immobilisation and Remote Alarm Reporting. (Unit it Thatcham cat q (EVQ880)) and will be Cat 5 when the criteria is released. Needless to say, everything possible will be put in a thief’s way - if they do get it, with the Keys - then they shouldn’t have it for long!

Please email me through the forum or directly on [email protected]

Many thanks and a Happy Christmas / December / New Year Break. :p ;) :p ;) :)

Not intending to be racist about Indian Call Centre - wife tried to insure through N/Union and got nowhere on multiple policy through said call centre.

Merc is insured on 3 year deal so Golf was done seperatley for both to drive both. all three together or both mercs on same policy would be ok. what about a classic policy? is 10years old enough?

Have an image - how do i attach it?

jimmy said:
No offence intended, your alarm system sounds very impressive but are you just trying to promote your company/products or do you genuinely want recommendations for insurance?

I only have praise for Direct Line, best quote and always very helpful and friendly on the phone, cover notes for courtesy cars are no problem and arrive next day. Never had to claim yet so I cant comment on how they handle that.

No, really do want insurance and Carol (wife) tried N/Union (Best for here car) but they were a waste of time. She just b......... me when she had spent a long time trying. so its down to me.

Alarm system is really good - just a bit miffed as had a trailer stolen that i had not yet fitted a tracking system!!! also friend just lost his new Range Rover with 4 masked men and paving slade through kitchen window. Very concerned about security on this car as both the Golf and v220 would have to be taken with the keys. this could be hot wired. Being in the industry i know which cars are targeted - this, without protection would be easy to steal and worth fencing. Fallen in love with it, even got it past wife!!!!! so it must be a nice car. (Think she likes the trick seat belts - she's easily impressed --- no funny comments please).
So recomendations are very welcome. (will post a pic of car when i can work out how.)
:) :)

Satch said:
You do indeed require properly arranged bespoke cover. (There is a special place in hell reserved for all those who run an insurance call centre.)

Try Aon Private Clients 01483 706000.

thanks, will give them a go. (dont have a problem with call centre's it they work, all this last one did is get me a b.......... from the wife. best to stay on the right side of her - especially if i want to keep the car / roof over my head. :)

Swintons arranged double cover for me

Got a good deal through Swintons, found a Company who gave me the same NCD (70%) on a second car (my wifes Honda) as my Merc with no restrictions on miles, drives etc. Seemed pretty reasonable.

SJCs motor

Posted on behalf of SJC.

SJC - perfect choice of age, and colour (exactly the same as mine!).

Make sure you do the silver/colour poll :D

K

sjc.jpg

Kinky said:
Posted on behalf of SJC.

SJC - perfect choice of age, and colour (exactly the same as mine!).

Make sure you do the silver/colour poll :D

K

sjc.jpg

whats the silver colour poll? should i say my V class is Silver and the 4motion? or is it a bad sign?

Thanks all for emails, got it insured through Lancaster Insurance Services Ltd. other 2 cars have insurance running and it would have been a pain to cancel. Will get them all insured together next time. Lancaster quoted £360 for s/d/p/ too/from office and s/d/p for Mrs SJC. Stipulations were that it was a second car (not van) and 5000miles per year. Insured through Mrs SJC so she has her own NCB.

Thanks Simon.

Was with Hastings for years. Last year '94 E220 coupe was just over £320, fully comp, 32 years old, 7 years N/C, driveway parking.

heckflosse said:
Was with Hastings for years. Last year '94 E220 coupe was just over £320, fully comp, 32 years old, 7 years N/C, driveway parking.
Same with Budget (although old git at 55 and Very long record of NCD) By the way, Nice coupe, we need to see more of it, dont we guys?;)

They're pretty good prices.

I got £314 thru eSure for me (35) on the E280, '93 L, fully comp, for business use, unlimited miles & for Mrs K too

Due up in April - will be an interesting search.

K

Ian B Walker said:
Same with Budget (although old git at 55 and Very long record of NCD) By the way, Nice coupe, we need to see more of it, dont we guys?;)

will have to put some pictures on when i get a min. am really pleased with it - so pleased the v class had to be jump started! cant remember when i last used the old bus! (funny thing is its a 2001 with 44k and the e320 is 93 with 102k!!)

sjc said:
Not intending to be racist about Indian Call Centre - wife tried to insure through N/Union and got nowhere on multiple policy through said call centre.

Merc is insured on 3 year deal so Golf was done seperatley for both to drive both. all three together or both mercs on same policy would be ok. what about a classic policy? is 10years old enough?

Have an image - how do i attach it?

Isnt that one of the oldest double edged swords in the book?

I'm not racist but..... :devil:

I have started browsing again, as it's insurance time for me next month.

Got one quote to DROP £100 by adding my girlfriend as an additional driver!!

GrahamC230K said:
I have started browsing again, as it's insurance time for me next month.

Got one quote to DROP £100 by adding my girlfriend as an additional driver!!

Best get a few more girlfriends then. :D

Keep browsing. ;) (For insurance and girlfiends)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom