Insurance Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajayjain

Car
c class
Hi,

Since i am MB owner, i become a carefull driver :)

I got few queries in my mind

1. if accident happens and other party refuse to give insurance details
2. if he gives details and refuse later on when insurance company call him
to confirm.
3. if someone has 10 yrs. no claim bonus and accident happens and he gives insurance details, does be become like a new driver with no claim bonus, and start again
4. if the victim does not have insurance, does it matter
5. minor dent or major accident, does it matter on insurance

I am confused i got my license in 2005 and i got 10yrs no claim bonus
stange, how :)

Thanks

oops sorry, forgot we have a insurance section.
I did not have accident, just curious to know if something happens

If you need to claim off someone your insurance company can get their details anyway, as long as you can adequately prove it was them or their car.

If you claim you typically lose two years NCD.

If you pay for protected NCD, you will keep your NCD, however, expect your premium to increase on renewal :mad:

If you have had an accident, get the third parties name and registration number and as Dieselman says your insurance company should sort the rest.

If you are unfortunate to have an accident with an uninsured driver and it's their fault, I believe there are now schemes for this eventuality with some insurance companies, so you, in theory, will not go the loser.

Remember, your camera enabled mobile phone is your friend. Not just the cars/damage, but the drivers and passengers as well.......

Helps stop the "I had my 87 year mother-in-law who has since returned to Archenland in the car, she has a whip lash claim for €10k and a new goat."

As well as proving damage, cars position on the road, etc.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom