INSURANCE quotes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Omega

For the past few years, I've shopped around for my insurance every year.
When I bought this car, I was attracted to the Mercedes own Insurance cover - albeit at twice the price that I was about to go for.
Only one question - is it worth the extra ?
I'm in Cornwall,,,,,, don't get out of the County much. I'm retired and don't use the car every day. I've never made a claim and get some pretty decent quotes. For eg: my last car (a 124) was only costing me about £120 f.c.
'Searched' quotes for the 211 were just over £220/50. For some reason tho', I went with Mercedes and paid over £450,,,,,,,,,
Is it really worth it ?

Do you know what you are getting with MB insurance over and above a cheaper reputable broker?

I was a bit bemused that they don't even guarantee you a Merc if yours is in for repair.

If all else being equal eg. excess, windscreen cover, protected no claims, legal cover, courtesy car etc, then I go with the cheapest big name broker.

I personally see little point going for MB insurance just because you have a MB car, especially if it would save me £200.

They make a big play of using genuine Mercedes parts and genuine Mercedes tradesmen etc,,,,,,,, but I guess that all reputable companies would use the same,,,, after all,,,, they'd hardly put Ford parts on 'em !?

Maybe the 'New Car' syndrome softened my brain for a while,,,,,

Will dig the policy out shortly & look through the features again.

I think the courtesy car is a Smart.

I would agree with wemorgan...as long as all the right boxes are ticked it's about pounds and pennies...it was until you said about the Smart car...i would def spend the extra £200.00 for the privelige.....:D

I am quite suprised sometimes with insurance company's that although the cars can be in a high group, they are still relatively cheap, my Eclass is 2 groups higher than Mrs Passat Sport but both cars are about £320.00 fully comp business use with a Glasgow post code.
If i was you i'd certainly be shopping about, we have always got our best price from Direct line, i have fortunately never had to claim so i can't say if they are good or bad to deal with...their certainly good at talking the money each year....:doh:

I went with MB's own cover because it was cheaper than anywhere else I tried including the company (esure) i had been using for a few years. Generally, the terms were the same, but it was cheaper enough for me to be bothered to change...

If all else being equal eg. excess, windscreen cover, protected no claims, legal cover, courtesy car etc, then I go with the cheapest big name broker.

I personally see little point going for MB insurance just because you have a MB car, especially if it would save me £200.

Yep, agreed.

Also, no matter who you are insured with YOU have the right to choose which garage repairs the car. Even if your insurance company has their own "approved repairers" you can still choose your own and there is nothing they can do about it.

I used to use a fantastic repairer for our company/personal vehicles and always managed to get the car booked in with them. They were a real pro outfit who I got to know personally and the reassurance that the job would be done perfectly counted for everything.

I have been with MORE THAN for quite a while now and once beat their renwal quote on line, with MORE THAN! They let me buy at the online price and have always been competetive since then. I almost moved from them this year after getting a brilliant price (way cheaper than anyone else) from another company, but when I came to place the order the low price changed. :rolleyes:

So I stuck with MORE THAN who have NEVER quibbled if I've had a claim on car or house or pet insurance. :rock::thumb:

I saved my father in law around £130.00 on moneysupermaket the other day. He was paying £268.00 and the eye-opener was that there was around 50 quotes cheaper than that. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom