Insurance renewal AMG E55K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
Just recieved my car insurance renewal, expecting a huge jump from all the stories I have been listening to over the past few months, but very much surprised.

06 W211 E55 AMG saloon

Fully comp, protected, cw legal services, and initial £600 access and £75 screen access.
with 8000 mile limit PA.

with following modifications listed to Insurance company;
Suspension lowering module;
ECU upgrade;
Exhaust headers;
Supercharger pulley upgrade;
Additional intercooler and larger IC pump;
DTM Style steering wheel;
CF rear diffuser:

£577.

Got to get the wife to check but think its actually may have gone down in cost, thought I,d paid over £600 last year. Could I ask what are you other W211 E55 owners are paying for insurance currently, am I right thinking this is really a good price.

Last edited:
Im currently looking to buy an E55 and getting quotes come in at 700+!!!!!

Hi Ricky, thats good with the mods, who you wih?

im with Aviva, garaged, 5 yrs no claims, main driver is the mrs, £430 :)

hi

I was quoted £3000 with 10 years no claims, from what i was paying £1400 last year,

But i got it for £1200 in the end!!!

Acid

Hi Ricky, thats good with the mods, who you wih?

im with Aviva, garaged, 5 yrs no claims, main driver is the mrs, £430 :)

Same as you mate, Aviva, thats a really low price for your car! I surpose the mods do it, price wise, but comparing mine against your cost, its quite good, moreso as a lot of the main stream companies wont entertain modified cars, and then its independants such a Adrian Flux etc, of which they were quoting my quite high prices 2-3 years back, I,ll take what I,ve got it seems.

hi

I was quoted £3000 with 10 years no claims, from what i was paying £1400 last year,

But i got it for £1200 in the end!!!

Acid

Acid, (Hells teeth,...£1200) glad I dont live anywhere near you mate! LOL thank god for BN postcodes!

I was with Direct Line with a renewal of £680.

However, once I told them I had 2 of my 4 CATS removed, they didn't want to know.

Cheapest was Admiral at mid £500.

However, mine now has 'non-standard exhaust/manifold' listed so I could buy a Meisterschaft after all...

:D

I was with Direct Line with a renewal of £680.

However, once I told them I had 2 of my 4 CATS removed, they didn't want to know.

Cheapest was Admiral at mid £500.

However, mine now has 'non-standard exhaust/manifold' listed so I could buy a Meisterschaft after all...

:D

Thats still a good price from what I have been reading recently, bearing in mind our cars are group 20, and intresting that Admiral entertain modified cars as well.
See your south east based anywhere near Eastbourne by any chance..?

Yeah, I am not unhappy with it considering I paid £480 for my Saab.

I'm further North than that - sort of mid Kent / Tunbridge Wells.

Last edited:
I just renewed at £490 with no mileage limit, mind you the broker that I used to use wanted £970 I rang Locktons who do my Aston and down it came!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom