Insurance renewal time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Had a pleasant surprise yesterday after using the comparison websites for my upcoming insurance renewal. Having been with Norwich Union Direct for the past 3 years, the renewal quote was £258 for my '98 E280 Avantgarde. Pretty much the same as last year.
I thought it was time to see what else was on offer instead of just accepting Norwich's policy, and I'm glad I did.
There are big benefits it seems once you reach 50+years of age. Saga quoted me £163 90 for a policy that has £100 more excess, but does provide a courtesy car in the event of needing one.
Needless to say, I took that policy and informed Norwich Union I was cancelling. They tried all the tricks to keep me, but it was pointless.
Also, using different comparison sites gave different prices for the same companies. I found Compare the Market.com had the best prices.

Oh, and the car sailed through the MOT yesterday too.:bannana:

Nice saving! I also got my insurance renewal thro and with some shopping around I got it for £309 with protected ncb and legal cover. Whats surprising about this.... I am 27 with a 2003 clk 320 petrol avantgarde. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom