Insurance renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silverf6

Car
Bclass
Trying to renew insurance on my b class and in the form with go compare they qupte my car as thatchem alarm, are they right ?

You did ask the question? Thatcham is a set of standards and categorizes alarms numerically by their different features.

You did ask the question? Thatcham is a set of standards and categorizes alarms numerically by their different features.
Thanks for your reply, the problem was that when I was filling in insurance information on go compare website it automatically put in that my car had thatcham alarm fitted as if that was normal for Mercedes cars, after looking through the manual I discovered that was not the case, I should have looked there first, sorry for the trouble.

A 2019 list of Thatcham approved alarm/immobilisers fitted by vehicle manufacture :

Shows all Mercedes B Class vehicles built from 2005 as having a Thatcham approved Cat 1 alarm.
N.B. Insurance companies usually ask about the alarm in order to ensure that the vehicle owner knows that it is working (has not disabled the alarm nor by-passed the immobiliser).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom