Insurance shocker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyCJ

Car
C32 AMG
Got a quote for my CL from my broker £1040 for the year, so did a moneysupermarket search and found umpteen companies that would do it for £600 upwards.

Went back to my broker who had promised to beat any like for like quote and they came back with £564 :bannana:

I think the salient point is that there is no one broker/insurance company who is right for everyone, you have to do the leg work and play them off against each other until no one is prepared to budge any further.

The excess came down from £1020 with the £600 quote to £400 with the new broker quote - so all in all pretty chuffed !

Adrian Flux are my current broker and have never had any problems with them, so was very happy that they could "quote me chuffed" !

So they tried to rip you off (or were just too lazy to get the best price) until you pointed it out to them.
I don't think I'd be chuffed with that.

I'd have to agree with Janner

I know their income has dropped by a half, but I don't feel sorry for them - they were relying on you rolling over weren't they?

Its madness a the variation in premiums!

So they tried to rip you off (or were just too lazy to get the best price) until you pointed it out to them.
I don't think I'd be chuffed with that.

I think it's a general indictment of the insurance industry. If you don't do the leg work yourself what's the incentive for brokers to give you a lower premium ?

Their income wouldn't have been halved as the insurance company bears the risk, not the broker, they will just take a %age of the quote.

If I'd been happy to accept it they'd have still got a cut without having to do any work. A lot of people just assume their broker is providing the best quote.

So therefore your broker is not working for you at all. If you did all the legwork why employ him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom