Insurance - what company? 27yrs old, 1 non-fault, 3 points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
Hi,

Can you guys recommend any insurance companies I should try? Admiral want £1,300 + £400 excess.

After a non-fault accident (that i did end up claiming injury for as my hand/ankle was knackered) AND (more annoyingly) 3 points for going through an AMBER light at a junction...my insurance has sky rocketed.

27 male
1 no fault accident
3 points
London
Car parked on street

second driver
27 female

If you can recommend anyone who it is worth trying, please let me know.

Cheers,
R

swiftcover are worth a try, they were the best for me when it came to renewing just recenty plus its all online so any changes do not cost you!

Shop around, Admiral doubled my premium this year I have have made no claims, got no points and now have 10 years NCB. Admiral are now totally binned and I am back to a premium of around £340 with another company.

Like all insurance threads this is likely to become a generic list of insurance companies as everyone seems to have different premiums and experiences.

Best advice is always to shop around for the best quote and check that the cover is exactly what you want.

It's worth noting that pretty much all insurance policies have gone up recently, so take what you paid last year plus 25-40% or therabouts, ignoring any extra for the recent claim and points.

One of my policies went up about 25% or so with no change in details, inc. full NCD etc. Shopped around expecting the renewal price to be slightly less competitive, but it was about the cheapest out of the lot I checked :)

I'm afraid it is just a matter of shopping around until you find a broker/insurer that is looking to increase their risk exposure to match your personal circumstances at the time that you need the policy to start.
Often the best buys are to be had about 7 to 14 days before renewal is due.

Hi,

Can you guys recommend any insurance companies I should try? Admiral want £1,300 + £400 excess.

After a non-fault accident (that i did end up claiming injury for as my hand/ankle was knackered) AND (more annoyingly) 3 points for going through an AMBER light at a junction...my insurance has sky rocketed.

27 male
1 no fault accident
3 points
London
Car parked on street

second driver
27 female

If you can recommend anyone who it is worth trying, please let me know.

Cheers,
R

Have you considered raising the excess or putting a mature driver (say 45), fault-free driver onto the quote? I rarely beat Admiral (or their affiliates, Elephant & Sheila's wheels)

Admiral turned out to be by far the best...always worth giving them a ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom