Insurance Write Off CL63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ierton

Car
Volvo V60 T6 Recharge - BMW 1250GS
This is being declared as HPI clear by the seller yet showing as a total loss write off.

I saw this one a few days ago. Nice spec, low mileage and full MB history. Where are you seeing it as a write off?

I carried out an HPI check myself.

tell the seller - their response will be indicative...

hpi are far from infallable.... they seem to flag a number of cars as risky when they are infact clear... which i suppose is better for them financially than the other way round.

I've emailed but no response so far. Plate change was last month so seems a bit suspect...

The seller says it's HPI cleared, not that it hasn't been recorded.
Maybe they mean finance clear.

Still no response, however having Googled his mobile number it appears he has another eBay account.

Owner denies it's a write-off so I carried out a second check with another company and it came back Cat D. A real shame as it's a nice spec car (bar no Exclusive Leather) and very few Germanite Grey W216s out there.

For reference if anyone else is interested:

VIN: WDB2163772A012429

Registrations: Y8 MEU, HX57 UGG, BFZ 2479, FHZ 1777

guys its very easy to check book to see the car and book a local a local garage with a ramp for a hour and take the car their for a look, look her over or get a company to call and check her out if your paying 27,000 pounds for a car i would
the only side in pictures he has not shown is driver side may be that was were she was hit or he crashed it
any car with this power will have a history and as the years go on more and more will have
accidents and a decent car will be harder to find

but if your in the market for one its worth a look a least

Last edited:
This is the reply I got:

"Hi
I am not sure why this is showing as write off as I have two HPI checks one from AA on 17/10/12 when i bought it and the second one I did on experian on 10/05/13.
The logbook is also clear.
Would you like the attachments of the hpis and logbook?"

I'm a bit puzzled by this as the two checks I did came back as written-off (one specifically saying Cat-D). What's the best way of clearing this up - bearing in mind I'd want future checks to come back clear if that should be the case?

Had an email from someone who had viewed the car - evidence of crash repair to front and rear, warning lights on and generally looked tired; certainly not what you'd expect from a 23k mile car. He also emailed me his HPI check which came back clear. Rather worrying given it appears the ones I did now seem accurate :eek::( .

Walk away mate, I wouldn't take the risk. Several red flags, your own HPI reports, no pic of the drivers side, airbag light, new ebay account and some less obvious ones.

Back on eBay - he's finally declaring Cat-D status :rolleyes:.

Sometimes Hpi report is very misleading, specially Ebay one
Once I wanted purchase a car, did check and it came back as write off but car was clear
Hpi runs checks on plates which in my opinion is wrong, should be done on VIN number
The car I bought had a private plate assign to it from a vehicle which was a write off. Don 't know how but plate did drag bad record onto car in Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom