Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi

Just had my renewal quote through from Hastings Direct - got a shock - £305.00! went onto Confused search and Hastings Direct came up with only £182.00, so phoned Hastings up and they then quoted me another figure of £178.78 - a right result so have renewed through Hastings Direct again. Thank goodness for computers - saves a lot of money.

Every year it's better to ring the current insurer and get a 'fresh' quote as if you was with someone else, it's always half the amount they'd quote for renewal. They really pull daylight robberies on people that don't shop around or have automatic renewals :eek:

Every year it's better to ring the current insurer and get a 'fresh' quote as if you was with someone else, it's always half the amount they'd quote for renewal. They really pull daylight robberies on people that don't shop around or have automatic renewals :eek:

Unfortunately, some insurers refuse to quote as a new customer once you put your registration number in their system and they realise that you are already insured with them.

lewyboy said:
Unfortunately, some insurers refuse to quote as a new customer once you put your registration number in their system and they realise that you are already insured with them.

Sorry I didn't mention, this being done with an app or a confused search site. It will come up as a fresh quote and just buy via the site after inputting start/end dates etc, as opposed to actually ringing up and talking to them then as you say your details will be on their system which they will mention to you on the phone

Sorry I didn't mention, this being done with an app or a confused search site. It will come up as a fresh quote and just buy via the site after inputting start/end dates etc, as opposed to actually ringing up and talking to them then as you say your details will be on their system which they will mention to you on the phone

I know, try it with AVIVA for example, you cannot continue once you enter your reg no if you are an existing customer on that car.

lewyboy said:
I know, try it with AVIVA for example, you cannot continue once you enter your reg no if you are an existing customer on that car.

Ah I see. With my 2nd year of driving back in march on my old car I got a fresh quote on the Audi A3 with same insurer at £1100, the renewal quote they sent by post was £1800 :eek: that was with Go Skippy insurance

Waited a while after selling the A3 and using workvan then got my new (current) car and the quote was only £700, madness. That's with Qoutemehappy. Hoping they won't try and screw me over on a renewal next June

The exact same thing happened to me with my van insurance last week. Same company too. Went from over £300 renewal with Hastlings (letter) to £158.75 confused.com but still with Hastings.

However, I then got an email asking for proof of my NCD from my 'old' insurers. :dk:

I enjoyed sending my reply requesting that they make an 'in-house' phone call to get my NCD

Why they do this I'll never know. I'm guessing they hope that you'll just pay the renewal when they send you the letter.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
The exact same thing happened to me with my van insurance last week. Same company too. Went from over £300 renewal with Hastlings (letter) to £158.75 confused.com but still with Hastings.

Why they do this I'll never know. I'm guessing they hope that you'll just pay the renewal when they send you the letter.

Ant.

Yes.

It's also a minor ****-ache to keep having to prove no-claims discount every year if you change insurer.

lewyboy said:
Yes. It's also a minor ****-ache to keep having to prove no-claims discount every year if you change insurer.

If they send them in form of a hard copy like my previous, save as a PDF. I actually lost my letter but emailed asking them to email me back a PDF which they did. Next year I shall have the first years NCD and depending if I stay with my current I will ask for a digital copy of the NCD with them to collect and keep

There are loads of people out there who would sell their souls and both kidneys to get a £305.00 quote:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom