Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tentacle

Car
2013 C63 PP
Hey all,

Who are you using for insurance? I've just got quotes for a C63 expecting it to be roughly in line with the E60 M5 I just sold and the prices are coming out almost double and a bunch of the policies are asking for a black box to be fitted which sounds like complete madness!

I'm in my thirties with 14 years NCB and a totally clean license. I was paying about £450 fully comp on the M5 and the best quote I've got so far is about £750...

Is that par for the course?

Mine's with admiral. Some sort of sacrilege around here I think But around £1.1k from them was the best I could do... It's central London though which puts the premiums up a tad, and I have only 1yr NCB

Well not a C63 but not far off insurance group wise a SL500 R231, just switched from LV to Aviva premium dropped from £430 to £271.

It helps I am over 50 with 30 years NCB but may be worth trying Aviva, they beat the meerkats!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Aviva want £1300 to cover me! That's rather more than I was hoping for...

Ouch, not sure if having pension and private health with them made a difference or they just want old fogeys driving powerful cars!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Try - One Call i did i saved 50% and breakdown cover included

...aaaand OneCall have come up with a quote of £2180. I have not seen these kind of numbers since I was 19 and bought an XR3i!

edit: I'm an idiot - they have also given back a quote of £855 which is a little more palatable! Thank you! :)

I've just got quotes for a C63 expecting it to be roughly in line with the E60 M5 I just sold and the prices are coming out almost double and a bunch of the policies are asking for a black box to be fitted which sounds like complete madness!
Unfortunately, and as a direct result of MB chasing volume with cheap lease deals, the C63 is ubiquitous enough that it is often driven by those who can afford to rent one but lack the experience, maturity, and/or talent to drive one on public roads without crashing it. So, just like the XR3i back in the day, the insurance companies have it identified as a high risk model and jack the premium accordingly.

The best quote I've had for a GLC63s I have on order is from Admiral (£630, 50 yrs old with max ncd), they were also the cheapest on my sons new Focus ST-Line by quite a way.

One way to gaming the insurance system is try giving different job descriptions, obviously don't say your a toy maker (one of the lowest!!!) if you are actually a taxi driver, have a look here Money Saving Expert Car Insurance Tool: Compare job titles and quotes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom