Insured my cls and asked for bit more discount but insurance said they have a minimum price they

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
On getting insurance for cls after my quote which was quite cheap at 274 I cheekily asked for bit more discount but was told there’s a minimum payment for car insurance and I was on it ,
Anyone heard of minimum payment. I insured it but never heard of a minimum insurance charge.

Try ‘CompareTheMarket’

There's always a minimum payment and that's the one you pay..

I found this year that for our cars, two insurance companies (Tesco and ???) both said that they would not give any further discount and the renewal price was the renewal price - no problem if I wanted to move. We weren't talking a big difference either. TBH we would have stayed as not much difference, but Confused offered a £20 Texaco fuel voucher for each sale through them

We've used Comparethemarket for a few years now. With 3 vehicles (one modified) and 2 drivers all the details are stored from one year to the next, so it takes literally a minute or two to get new quotes. If the renewal is still reasonably competitive (I'm not going to switch for a couple of pounds) then I'll take it, otherwise someone else gets my business. Used it for the caravan insurance this year which had shot up to £178 ... plenty of quotes under £70 on CTM, with lower excess too. Mrs BTB and I also use the 'Meerkat Meals' reward thing at least once a month now (you get 2-for-1 on starters, mains & deserts at quite a few restaurants) - pretty handy for a weekday lunch while out & about.

Moved my insurance to Saga as they undercut my Direct Line renewal by almost £200 and guaranteed to hold the premium for the next 3yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom