Insuring your AMG - who are you insured by?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aviva are very competitive and I’ve been with them for 5 years now. They seem to beat everyone else every time.

Well renewal from AVIVA came through today and has jumped 25%

Other Comparison sites come in much the same a little cheaper but LV cheapest both monthly or close annually with lowest excess total of £500 rather than £750 / £800..

£468 cheapest with Go-Skippy but probably go with LV at lowest monthly total....(and lowest excess)

LV

Last edited:
Well renewal from AVIVA came through today and has jumped 25%

Other Comparison sites come in much the same a little cheaper but LV cheapest both monthly or close annually with lowest excess total of £500 rather than £750 / £800..

£468 cheapest with Go-Skippy but probably go with LV at lowest monthly total....(and lowest excess)

LV

Go online with Aviva and put your details in, I bet it drops (mine did) then do the drive app and get more off on top!

Go online with Aviva and put your details in, I bet it drops (mine did) then do the drive app and get more off on top!

Already online with them mate.....renewal is online...bit of a shocker to be fair..., have 4 policies currently with them each originally reduced after my first was placed...life insurance at 7 per month... so then motors and house reduced as a result of a multi policy - 2 Cars, 1 life & 1 house....

Already online with them mate.....renewal is online...bit of a shocker to be fair..., have 4 policies currently with them each originally reduced after my first was placed...life insurance at 7 per month... so then motors and house reduced as a result of a multi policy - 2 Cars, 1 life & 1 house....

Yea so am/was I, I put my details in for a quote as if I was a new customer and voila I had £200 knocked off!

Edit: I then called them and they matched the new quote on my existing policy and put the discounts on.

I'm still on admiral multicar but may look around next time. That said I have the cls55, 996 cab, 350SL and my sons Peugeot 206 for a combined £1k of which by far the most expensive is the Peugeot!

Yea so am/was I, I put my details in for a quote as if I was a new customer and voila I had £200 knocked off!

Edit: I then called them and they matched the new quote on my existing policy and put the discounts on.

Well your tactics worked and something I always used to do and go back to insurers, just really thought AVIVA played on a level playing field after trying all the compare websites and got no cheaper.

Cheers for you advice and insistence....much appreciated....:)

Well your tactics worked and something I always used to do and go back to insurers, just really thought AVIVA played on a level playing field after trying all the compare websites and got no cheaper.

Cheers for you advice and insistence....much appreciated....:)

Good to hear, I’m exactly the same and it was actually one of their customer advisers that advised to do it then I called to cancel!!

Admiral seem to have moved on from this annual charade at least for the time being.

For two renewals now, their quote has been cheaper than the previous year and I can't better it from searching (I still check it).

Aviva Multi - VW ‘Up’ and w212 e63 for £600 all in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aviva Multi - VW ‘Up’ and w212 e63 for £600 all in

Same for my CL and the Juke...

I'm off Aviva. I was with them before and tried to get a car added to my policy temporarily. 45 minutes on the phone and that was enough to put me off for a long time!

Just wondering what 'the drive app' is please as I've not heard of it. Thanks
Phil

Just wondering what 'the drive app' is please as I've not heard of it. Thanks
Phil

Basically you download an app which uses gps to monitor how you drive over 200 miles. At the end of that you get a score. The higher the score the higher the discount. I believe the max discount is 28%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom