Int Internet great?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Just dropped Mrs D and her yummy-mummy friends off to see Take That at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, and I've now got to wait until 11.30 for them to come out again and chauffeur them home.

I found a McDonalds restaurant just down the road with free Wi-Fi. Quarter-with in the tum, laptop out, spot of work, sprinkling of MBClub, and I'm set for a few hours.

How great is the Interweb highway thing, eh? Unthinkable just a few years ago.

So what amazes you about the Internet?

PS I think there's an apple pie and a Latte with my name on it.

PPS You ought to have seen the tasty ladies all around queuing in traffic to get there. Nice!!

Our office router power supply died last Thursday and we had no connection except my iphone till Monday pm. It was a strange couple of days....

I'm finding mobile internet pretty useful on the iphone and am looking forward to the new OS where I can use it as a modem for my laptop.

Having said all that, it would be nice to not have the lure of global connectivity at all times. The only time I really relaxed recently was for a couple of days in the middle of Indonesia with no internet connection - and even then I spent a fair bit of time trying to find one to check on work stuff..

Ade

It's all out there, on the interweb. Everything you didn't like to know, everything you didn't want to know.

And just a smattering of what you need to know...

Society could't function without it nowadays (unfortunately).

Just waiting for it to become self-aware :eek:

Its worrying how when we havn't got servers running, connection etc how much we are lost without it.

I love it and its very useful, just found out today if I USB my nokia E71 to my mini laptop I can connect using 3g.

In many ways the old days would have been a lot easier :) I've lost count the amount of different cables, power supplys, routers, flash drives, memory cards etc etc that are scatterd round the house.

Tis great though this interweb...who would have thought it...

I can logmein to my desktop at work, and then vpn to our servers in our hosting centre.
All while I'm watching telly.

Amazing.

In the future history will rank it with the industrial revolution IMHO. The entire economies of countries will depend on their internet access. It's that important. Love it or loath it--- its here to stay.

I love it and its very useful, just found out today if I USB my nokia E71 to my mini laptop I can connect using 3g.
I was at MB Oxford and wanted to look up something on an MB Forum ( :rolleyes: ) while I was there. Parts guy offered use of one of their terminals but they have forums and blogs blocked. Sooooo... He was astonished when I fired up my laptop and used my Nokia 6220c via Bluetooth as a 3g modem :D

Just dropped Mrs D and her yummy-mummy friends off to see Take That at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, and I've now got to wait until 11.30 for them to come out again and chauffeur them home.

PPS You ought to have seen the tasty ladies all around queuing in traffic to get there. Nice!!

LOL!

Some work colleagues went to the same show on Monday night and loved it, especially the 'elephant'.

Said the traffic on the way out was terrible... now there's something to look forward to.

I'm finding mobile internet pretty useful on the iphone and am looking forward to the new OS where I can use it as a modem for my laptop.

Perhaps you know this already, but I didn't until I read a thread on another forum, that if you use the iPhone tethered then it's charged extra on top of your inclusive data package.

I was at MB Oxford and wanted to look up something on an MB Forum ( :rolleyes: ) while I was there. Parts guy offered use of one of their terminals but they have forums and blogs blocked. Sooooo... He was astonished when I fired up my laptop and used my Nokia 6220c via Bluetooth as a 3g modem :D

did u charge them £45/hr for the privilege ?

have you asked if that mcdonalds is one of the many that photo your plate when you come in and when you leave and if your more than 1 hour they fine you £45

its happening all over the place

Easy! use some one else's car.

have you asked if that mcdonalds is one of the many that photo your plate when you come in and when you leave and if your more than 1 hour they fine you £45

its happening all over the place

No!! :eek:

Didn't notice any signs to that effect though, so hopefully not - or at least if they are then there's a chance of avoiding paying!!

LOL!

Some work colleagues went to the same show on Monday night and loved it, especially the 'elephant'.

Said the traffic on the way out was terrible... now there's something to look forward to.

Yes, I heard the word "elephant" mentioned in the frenzied gabble that passed through my ears all the way home. They had a great time - very very wet though.

Traffic wasn't quite as bad as I though. Police had closed the road in which our agreed meet point was, but by luck they arrived at the roundabout outside the Arena as I did. Back of the net.

What I love about t'interweb is that it saves you the bother and hassle of having to maintain real friends.

Instead I can just access this virtual world with all these imaginary people who claim to own all these great cars. It's a real hoot, as now some of them think they are real people.

You couldn't make it up.:D:D:D:D

If they try to fine you, tell em to rotate...

The fine has no legal status.

Just a private company hired to put the frighteners on the gullible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom