Intake Grill Mesh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@JBD
Any chance you could look up the details on this please, and tell us whether its chargeable or not?

I’m not sure about which models this covers. I’ve only seen them added to a GT so far. Rather than a safety recall, it’s done on customer request

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am sat at Brooklands, waiting for them to check to see if my spoiler is affected by the safety recall. BUT they are also installing several updates one of which are new grills to improve protection of the intercooler.

Could we get the bulletin/reference number or anything please?
My car went in for a B1 service today, I asked about this grill protection and it was already on my job card.
4998 - Retrofit protective grill for additional cooler (Free Of Charge).
As already mentioned it is in fact the same plastic mesh cover that is already on the lower side rads.

I also had:
5051 - Update AMG suspension control unit software.
5023 - Update engine control unit software.

At least Mercedes acknowledge an issue, if you fit grills to protect any of the rads on a Porsche Cayster or 911 they invalidate your warranty.....

RR

Resurrecting this thread.

Has anyone installed a mesh cover to protect the coolers? I’ve seen quite a few stories of expensive oil coolers needing to be replaced. Mine has the plastic grill but there’s plenty of room for small stones to get through.

Maybe I’m being pedantic.

Attachments

• 999B94FB-CE26-4EAD-B0C1-39DA5B734E7E.jpeg
    999B94FB-CE26-4EAD-B0C1-39DA5B734E7E.jpeg
    829.2 KB · Views: 11
Resurrecting this thread.

Has anyone installed a mesh cover to protect the coolers? I’ve seen quite a few stories of expensive oil coolers needing to be replaced. Mine has the plastic grill but there’s plenty of room for small stones to get through.

Maybe I’m being pedantic.
Yeah, I've the Zunsport mesh covers installed on my E63.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom