Intake mani W210 320CDI removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
Im about to remove my intake manifold on my W210 320CDI as 3 days ago when I floored it on motorway in front BMW I triggered his automatic driving light with my black smoke.:D:( It looked like he was coming out from flaming spot on a road. I felt like s..t :eek::doh:
I found that small bar on actuator motor felt out so installed it back and it made huge differance in smoke as well as in how it feels on accelerator pedal. Since I had cleaned before my EGR, oil brether, intercooler, injectors been re-sealed and MAF was changed and now that bar was put back, so the only thing left to finish it completly is to clean intake mani. I plan to use our garage equipment to "wash" it but I want to know as follows:
1. Is there something what I should be aware or should pay attantion to while doing a job?
2. Do I need any gaskets except for mani & egr gaskets (I will be cleaning it again)?
3. What should I expect in responce after finishing a job? Better throttle responce? Better MPG? Power?
Anyone done it and can share with results?

Thanks.

Just did a similar job on one of our cars.....the same model/version as yours. In addition to thee above,we disabled the egr,mechanically and electronically,decatted the exhaust system by removing the guts of the three cats/dpf filters....end result....the mpg has gone from 29mpg to over 40mpg....it goes like a scalded cat.....pulls like a steam train....the turbo whistle is more audible at lower rpms as it spools up and much improved torque and pickup at lower rpms....The whole process totally transformed the car to a very desirable performance driving machine whilst improving the fuel returns significantly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom