Intake valve shut off motor fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slsteve

Car
1995 sl500 and 2002 s500l
I have a problem with my 77000 mile w204 C320cdi, the car will not rev past 3000 rpm, there is no power, i believe that it is in limp mode but all the gears are available. When scanned originally, the fault codes said EGR valve open circuit and ground fault, inlet port motor fault and electrical fault (sorry, cant remember the codes).
The mechanic found that a fuse had blown, he replaced this and the car drove OK for a short time, the EGR fault code has now gone. I removed the EGR valve and it was clean.
The fault came back straight away, all 3 codes now relate to the intake valve motor .
How difficult is it to replace the intake valve motor, if that is what is required? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what may be the cause or anyone experienced this before?
Thanks.

I have a problem with my 77000 mile w204 C320cdi, the car will not rev past 3000 rpm, there is no power, i believe that it is in limp mode but all the gears are available. When scanned originally, the fault codes said EGR valve open circuit and ground fault, inlet port motor fault and electrical fault (sorry, cant remember the codes).
The mechanic found that a fuse had blown, he replaced this and the car drove OK for a short time, the EGR fault code has now gone. I removed the EGR valve and it was clean.
The fault came back straight away, all 3 codes now relate to the intake valve motor .
How difficult is it to replace the intake valve motor, if that is what is required? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what may be the cause or anyone experienced this before?
Thanks.
As a temporary cheap fix , you can put a 4.7k ohm resistor into the middle two terminals of the electrical connection to the inlet port motor , which is under the black batwing air intake that goes to the front of the turbo . This is commonly referred to as “om642 resistor fix” if you google it .
The orange seal in the front of the turbo has a habit of leaking oil mist onto the inlet port motor that sits below it . Or the inlet manifolds are gunging up an causing the swirl flaps to stick and not move freely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom