Integrated Automotive - wonderful company for CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Technoholic

Car
CLS 350 SB, TVR Tuscan
First off to say I have no affiliation with this company at all.

I purchased a CarPlay system from them for my X218 with NTG4.7. Unfortunately it arrived and I had a number of faults, but the main one was due to the fact I had a split view screen in my car, which I didn’t know about. Once that was resolved, there was still an issue with the output of the unit being corrupted and not displaying correctly.
Long story short, the guys at IA have worked seemingly everyday including the weekends when I’ve been in personal contact with the engineers to help sort this problem out. The problem turned out to be a faulty unit which was replaced with no problems.

this is just a post to say that if you want a CarPlay system in your non CarPlay car and you’re looking for someone to supply it, don’t go anywhere other than to these guys. Problems happen but the way they get resolved says a lot about a business and their service has been impeccable.
Oh and of course it’s great to have CarPlay working in the CLS.

Integrated Automotive UK

Didn’t even know the X218 has split screen. Must be a very high spec model.

How do you mean 'split view screen'? The screen on the NTG4.7 is a separate unit to the HU (unlike the earlier NTG2.5, where the screen is integrated into the HU) - is this what you are referring to?

From the way you wrote it, it sounds as if the unit has a screen that can be viewed differently by the driver and the passenger - which I don't believe is the case for the NTG4.7.

Yes it has pretty much everything available in 2013 except keyless go. Split view is quite cool but didn’t really have a need for it so was willing to swap the screen out and disable it. But I can put it back to stock when I sell the car.
Didn’t even know the X218 has split screen. Must be a very high spec model.

How do you mean 'split view screen'? The screen on the NTG4.7 is a separate unit to the HU (unlike the earlier NTG2.5, where the screen is integrated into the HU) - is this what you are referring to?

From the way you wrote it, it sounds as if the unit has a screen that can be viewed differently by the driver and the passenger - which I don't believe is the case for the NTG4.7.
Yep, that’s exactly what I have, when it’s on you can move your head to the passenger side and see the screen change to whatever source is active that can’t be viewed by the driver, eg if the tv tuner is on, the driver view will switch to the message that says “no video in motion etc etc” but the passenger side will keep watching the tv as I drive

Do you have a CDI or Petrol out of interest? Currently about to buy a CarPlay unit from Scott.

CDI. part number of the Split View screen is A2189005204 for anyone interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom