Inteiror lights in a vito w639 facelift..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying start

Car
Vito
Hi all
is there any thing I can do to make the interior ligh brighter
Its pointless may as well not of fitted one
Also any way I can fit footwell lights?

So they come on with the sidelights and doped beam?

Well everything can be done, look in the bottom of the door card, theres a hole, lights fit in there.
As for the over head, its basic but you missed mine that would have fitted, mega new like £700.

Could I fit a led bulb or would this not work..

Where and what could I wire the footwell lights into zenman??

Do you mean footwell lights as in inside the van , as Big Un and Zenman are referring to the ones which light the path up when you open the doors.

Nick

You can fit LED for now yes.

I too am interested in the footwell light mod as I have seen this on a Vito on Zenmans Vito World FB page, and I could only think of getting the feed from the interior lamps.

As I am about to run the antenna cable up to the overhead console for my new antenna amp soon, I was going to run up an additional cable to take a tap off the lamp circuit if I could work out which of the several connectors I need to go at. I thought I would put in the extra cable anyway whilst I have the Viano in pieces and then ask you guys how do it, but then this thread popped up....

I would not come off that light for the foot well lights, come off the door puddle lights and use the same parts, get the part numbers from my old post or when its apart.
Fit the same light under the dash each side but fit LED bulbs.

639 exit lights?? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Just found this old post, as you can see its ideal for under the dash with just some wire extensions.

Oh and the code was LB9 and needs SCN coding to work.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I have the exit "puddle" lamps already in the Viano so a simple extension to the dash each side will achieve it.

If you want the footwell lamps to come on with the sidelights as Flying Start wanted, I would go for the little lamp in the ashtray as the most convenient place to jump a feed from - assuming you have this in yours?

I would have thought having footwell lamps on all the time the sidelights are on might be a bit distracting?

Did this mod to my civic type r had red LEDs fitted

They came on with the auto lights looks good and can get white LEDs for the vito
I wired them into the glove box as that light come on with the dipped beam

Dose the ashtray light only come on when the headlights are on or just when you open the tray?..

Thanks for the link zenman ill check it out as puddle lights will be a nice little touch to my pannel van..

As for interior light can I fit a brighter bulb of replace the cloudy looking light cover with a clear one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom