Intel light question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Mines got it ( 58 plate ) I've searched Google but the nearest thing I've found is that facelifts with this option dip headlights. Also read that you have to have the stalk pushed forward to enable this. I've gone into cluster and switched on Intel lights but I'm sure mine didn't auto dip. It was after my last drive in the dark I found out about stalk having to be pushed forward but surely with me doing it manually would of made it work as it should at one point. Is it just the facelift cars that have the auto dip feature when in this option?

You need to explain what happens when you leave the stalk pushed forwards.

Lights need to be set to auto if my memory serves me correctly. Mine was a facelift though.

Easiest way to check if its working is as follows:

If it has the intelligent lighting system activated in the options, with the main light switch in the (A)uto position and the headlights on but with the vehicle stationary, the main/dip stalk will have no effect on the beam pattern which will remain dipped. With the stalk pushed away from you there will be a symbol in the bottom of the speedo display that is like the mainbeam symbol but with an "A" in the middle of the lamp. If you then switch the main light switch to the (O)n position the headlamps will switch to main beam.

Note that for the Main Beam Assist feature to work, it has to activated in the Lighting options via the instrument cluster, the main light switch must be in the (A)uto position, and the roadspeed must be above a minimum level (from memory, around 50 or 60kph).

Hope that helps?

Well I guess mine hasn't got the high beam assist. After reading the above post I went outside to try it but the switch was already set to auto. Since I haven't touched the switch since last time car was used, when it didn't auto dip the lights it would be safe to say it either doesn't work or hasn't got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom