Inteligent Lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
I was reading What Car earlier at my parents and there was a letter from a W212 owner.

He had a car with Intelligent Lighting and had enquired as to whether it needed altering to go on to the continent safely.

MB said it needed deactivating by taking it to MB and activating 'Tourist Mode' presumably on Star. And again to switch back to normal afterwards.

Is this right? It seems remarkably unintelligent and would put me off buying a car with this type of system.

According to the on-line owner's handbook, cars with Intelligent Lighting can be adjusted using the onboard computer i.e. cluster menu setting.
Those car's without Intelligent Lighting can be converted via a switch in the headlamp unit

That's more like I expected. Wonder whether the magazine got it wrong, or if MB made a mistake somewhere.

It can be adjusted in the menu settings. Can't remember the route to it but you select left or right hand-drive.

This is something I'm coming across right now with the Q7, not good.

On a 212 you reset from the cluster (as mentioned above) but be careful it reads left hand this is RHD and right hand is for LHD you will also disable the intelligent lights until you reset it back.

Factory collects have to go straight to UK dealer when you get into the country so if a system needed manual resetting then it could/would be done then I imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom