Intelligent LED headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That'll teach me for raving on about something.

Twice last night, once on the outbound 40 mile journey, and once on return, the auto-lights decided to pack in with "Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus inoperative", on the display. the white "A" went out. They would not turn back on, and so I was back to the usual manual high-beam/dip beam. On both occasions they came back on when the car was stopped and immediately re-started.

Not the worst thing to happen in the world, but still, not what you want a week after purchase.

tangey said:
That'll teach me for raving on about something. Twice last night, once on the outbound 40 mile journey, and once on return, the auto-lights decided to pack in with "Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus inoperative", on the display. the white "A" went out. They would not turn back on, and so I was back to the usual manual high-beam/dip beam. On both occasions they came back on when the car was stopped and immediately re-started. Not the worst thing to happen in the world, but still, not what you want a week after purchase.

Did it look like this? Another one of my issues with my rejected car as it was on most days.

Attachments

• image-4174325331.jpg
    image-4174325331.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 100
Did it look like this? Another one of my issues with my rejected car as it was on most days.

Wowzers Jay. Are you concerned again? Did you order ils on your new GLC?

you know you and your bad luck.

Ant

Happytalk73 said:
Wowzers Jay. Are you concerned again? Did you order ils on your new GLC? you know you and your bad luck. Ant

Ant, I'm not worried. The new GLC does indeed have ILS.

I think the car I have has a serious electrical faults somewhere....... I would imagine in the software?

On the upside tho I was told my GLC has arrived at the dealer..... Now an agonising wait for the internal MB paperwork to exchange the vehicles to take place.

Ant, I'm not worried. The new GLC does indeed have ILS.

I think the car I have has a serious electrical faults somewhere....... I would imagine in the software?

On the upside tho I was told my GLC has arrived at the dealer..... Now an agonising wait for the internal MB paperwork to exchange the vehicles to take place.

That's great news pal. Hopefully they'll not take too long.

'Holidays r cumin' for you Jay. Merry Christmas. :bannana:

Ant.

Yes, exactly that.

I emailed the dealer. He responded that it'll disable if the sensors gets blocked with a leaf or grime, and then re-enable on a restart when it re-calibrates.

Given it did it twice on me within an hr, and it wasn't a particularly bad night, I'm not convinced. Going to leave it and see if this becomes an issue. But I don't for one sec believe the cameras were blocked.

I'm not sure if it uses the camera mounted up in the windscreen (would assume so) as I often had another warning trigger at the same time.

I'd clean the window just for good measure and re start the car, non of which would remove the warnings. I could drive around for days and then just like magic they would go off??

I've had occasions where started the car, wipers start and won't stop - turn them of on the stalk and then these messages would appear.

Fingers crossed for you just a glitch

Attachments

• image-3082725043.jpg
    image-3082725043.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 44
Goodness me Jay. Given the experience you've had with you 205 I'm gobsmacked that you've remained loyal to MB and ordered another car.

Big pat on ya back from the MB possy.

Ant.

Happytalk73 said:
Goodness me Jay. Given the experience you've had with you 205 I'm gobsmacked that you've remained loyal to MB and ordered another car. Big pat on ya back from the MB possy. Ant.

Ant

I've had to be calm and collect about how I handled the issues with car. It is just one of those bad cars, I love the new C Class and have tried to remain focused on that point.

Bare in mind that the car is now 7/8 months old and has 11k on the clock, I've been fortunate to get a change. If I'd asked for my money back I think MB may have drawn this out to be a very very lengthy process which I couldn't have put up with.

I've opted for a pre built GLC due to the great spec but to order like for like I'd have been waiting until March/April.

All in all we both win, I get a new car and MB get the car back early to re-sell it to some very unfortunate person. ( unless they fix it)

Twice last night, once on the outbound 40 mile journey, and once on return, the auto-lights decided to pack in with "Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus inoperative", on the display. the white "A" went out. They would not turn back on, and so I was back to the usual manual high-beam/dip beam. On both occasions they came back on when the car was stopped and immediately re-started.
Has this happened to you again?
Drove the GLC back from the dealer yesterday in the day-light, then today went on my first night trip, ILS great on the way out, about 12 miles, but on the way back got the "Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus inoperative" message.

Has this happened to you again?
Drove the GLC back from the dealer yesterday in the day-light, then today went on my first night trip, ILS great on the way out, about 12 miles, but on the way back got the "Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus inoperative" message.

No but I only drove for 10 mins in total this evening in the dark, so not much chance for it to happen.

I'd also be interested in your thoughts about pick-up from off the line. I still think it's a bit slow to get moving,say from a junction, and that's assuming there is no hill assist or parking brake applied. Seems to take age before much happens.

Last edited:
I have ILS. Love it. Super bright and very clever at lighting up the road your eyes are interested in seeing.
Wouldn't be without it now.

Just got my new W205 this week.

The ILS obviously adapts on auto mode and works wonderfully down dark country lanes.

But is it still supposed to mask other cars when you turn the rotary dial away from Auto to main beam while driving around in urban lit areas which are too bright, and speed too slow for ILS to kick in a masked main beam when in auto mode.

This is quite a cool feature, but so is the 360 camera and distronic plus cruise control :thumb:

uumode said:
Just got my new W205 this week. The ILS obviously adapts on auto mode and works wonderfully down dark country lanes. But is it still supposed to mask other cars when you turn the rotary dial away from Auto to main beam while driving around in urban lit areas which are too bright, and speed too slow for ILS to kick in a masked main beam when in auto mode. This is quite a cool feature, but so is the 360 camera and distronic plus cruise control :thumb:

No, I think ILS only does its stuff when it's set to Auto.

Hi I’ve seen on you tube a retrofit for the W 213 in japan
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
for the intelligent lighting system has anyone do this in the uk .?

Last edited:
Our eclass has the ILS and it’s even a little better than the ILS on our 2016 SLC300. Very quick to operate and just works so well. It’s a big step up from the ILS we had on our 2013 eclass. Certainly worth the money in my view.

i have a 67 plate C250 premium plus estate car with ILS, its fantastic, i swopped my previous C Class estate because I did not have it on that one, and I really missed it

Does the new Class come with High beam assist on LED High Performance headlamps? I seem to be missing the cornering light function which I had on my W212.

Seem the High Beam assist and cornering light is now an option

The Intelligent LED is an option, you can get standard LED as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom