Intelligent Light System - bulbs out - fuse locations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swany500

Car
A207 Cabriolet
Hi

CAR: Merc A207 E class convertible face lift on 2015 year.

Just recently fitted android head unit and had the driver footwell cover off and took out the bonnet latch to access. The bonnet light came on but on refitting the cover and latch bonnet light now all ok.
However,
I now have 2 messages:
Intelligent light system inoperative and bulb out. On looking at front car, drivers main light out and passenger daytime light out.

I cant help thinking this is not bulb faults but a fuse line. On looking I cannot find much detail on what to check.

Anyone have location of fuses or is this going to be a garage check?

If you open up the side of you dash, there should be a small piece of paper/card with all the fuse locations listed. Otherwise check on the fusebox lid in under the bonnet or in the boot.

Checked what fuses I can and no luck. Car booked into local indi to see if they can source issue.
Its strange that both headlamps have lights out. Makes me think its not each headlights control unit but something else.
Any ideas forum??

Was the battery disconnected?
On both of mine after the battery has been disconnected they come up with the message "intelligent light system inoperative".
It goes away of it's own accord after two or three journeys in the car.

On both of mine after the battery has been disconnected they come up with the message "intelligent light system inoperative".

But you didn't have bulbs out, just ILS inoperative?

Battery was not disconnected. Its led main dip one side (drivers) passengers is daytime lamp and left turn signal.
Car in at local friends garage for brief look over and hook up to their universal diagnostic tomorrow. I'll mention to try disconnect battery see if that resets.
Otherwise it will be main stealer for STAR diagnostic. The only thing with MB dealers is they just replace whole units and not interested in sourcing actual failure point.
Hoping its something simple, car is 2015, FSH and only 15K mileage, so don't believe its LED failures.

Local garage informs no power getting to lights so further investigation required. I cant see how new head unit would be connected to ILS failure but going to remove and put original back in , if no change in ILS will put back into garage and have them trace back no power from headlights to wherever fault is (if they can).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom