Intelligent lighting inoperative but after good drive fault goes away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
2015 Cls 220 amg. ( not drove much in last couple of mths ) Would a poor auxiliary battery cause a fault showing intelligence lighting inoperative as when I drive 10 or so mls leave car for 10 minutes etc come back faults gone until I leave next day then fault returns.every time it gets a decent drive and stopped and come back after I do my message faults gone. Could it be bad auxiliary battery if so where is it in 2015 cls 220 amg. And does changing it mean it needs a star attached to code in or anything or do you just lose clock , radio settings etc .
thanks.

No need for star if the aux battery is changed but it will not fix your ILS issue.

I had the same thing on my 2015 E350, when it was 1 month still in warranty. MB replaced the aux battery and all was well. It also caused the "Hold" facility on the brakes to stop working

I had the same thing on my 2015 E350, when it was 1 month still in warranty. MB replaced the aux battery and all was well. It also caused the "Hold" facility on the brakes to stop working
Looks like the more I drive it then the message is not coming back.

You must have had an AUX battery fault warning at the point Hold stopped working (mine drops Distronic too when AUX battery fails). No effect on ILS on my car.

Looks like the more I drive it then the message is not coming back.

This sort of fits for both a poor AUX battery and condensation in front of the camera. Is your start/stop icon turning green only after a longer ride?

This sort of fits for both a poor AUX battery and condensation in front of the camera. Is your start/stop icon turning green only after a longer ride?
The echo is more of a yellow but have not done a lot of mls should it turn green once active. Thanks.

The echo is more of a yellow but have not done a lot of mls should it turn green once active. Thanks.
Just to add the manual is in another car not at home till Monday Or could read up a bit .

today the start / stop light on button went green today but then I got a engine light with
Code. P220162 Knox sensor bank 1 the signal comparison is faulty. And P22F09 nox Sensor 2 ( cylinder fee bank 1 ) has an electrical fault .
There is a component fault.
just when I thought every thing was sorted.

today the start / stop light on button went green today but then I got a engine light with
Code. P220162 Knox sensor bank 1 the signal comparison is faulty. And P22F09 nox Sensor 2 ( cylinder bank 1 ) has an electrical fault .
There is a component fault.
just when I thought every thing was sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom