Interested - C240 Elegance Auto 1998, 68k FMBSH

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dinnie

I've found the following vehicle for sale. How much would anyone pay for this vehicle? If I was to buy and keep it for 6 to 12 months, add about 2,000 miles, would I affect the value or would I be looking at zero depreciation considering these cars are get rare?

Thanks!

C240 ELEGANCE Auto S reg 1998. 68000 Miles. Silver. FSH from Mercedes. Full leather interior, cruise control, electric windows, electric sunroof, electric heated mirrors, traction control, ABS, airbags and much more. Very well looked after. TAX and MOT until OCT 08.

With petrol prices the way they are I doubt if you would get your money back unless it was mint condition--- clean cars will always sell at the right price. Now a 250 turbo diesel might be different!

The value of W202's has plummeted recently. Two members have recently bought higher spec cars - albeit with higher mileages- for under 2k.

That car sounds a reasonable spec BUT what is the condition of the bodywork? If there is any corrosion in the usual places i doubt it will be worth more than £1500 in a years time.:(

Also as it is a V6 when were the 12 plugs last changed - not a cheap job.

Cracking car. Jus be careful of the purchase price

I've found the following vehicle for sale. How much would anyone pay for this vehicle? If I was to buy and keep it for 6 to 12 months, add about 2,000 miles, would I affect the value or would I be looking at zero depreciation considering these cars are get rare?

Thanks!

C240 ELEGANCE Auto S reg 1998. 68000 Miles. Silver. FSH from Mercedes. Full leather interior, cruise control, electric windows, electric sunroof, electric heated mirrors, traction control, ABS, airbags and much more. Very well looked after. TAX and MOT until OCT 08.

Sounds like a fairly nice car with the mileage (if it's as clean as it should be), but how much do you need to pay to buy this vehicle? Without this information how can we tell if you'll lose money or not ;):)

Will

Well it is advertised for £3k or nearest offer. I was thinking of being cheeky and give £2,250 cash, my final offer.
Have yet to see the car though so he/she might take offence but hey, fuel pumps are high at the moment. The way how I see it, a MB enthusiast will always want a well looked after car. I see people on this forum still buying 420s and 500s V8s. This is a modern multi-valve V6, I'm guessing, 30 to 35 mpg on a decent run.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Well it is advertised for £3k or nearest offer. I was thinking of being cheeky and give £2,250 cash, my final offer.
Have yet to see the car though so he/she might take offence but hey, fuel pumps are high at the moment. The way how I see it, a MB enthusiast will always want a well looked after car. I see people on this forum still buying 420s and 500s V8s. This is a modern multi-valve V6, I'm guessing, 30 to 35 mpg on a decent run.

Thanks for all your help so far!

I owned one of these and I got nowhere near 30 - 35 on the long run.

To be honest, when it comes to the w202, you can't really think about depreciation any more. Since the W204 came out, they plummeted.

Buy one because you like the car, and look for something that is in good condition.

Beware because there are plenty of bangers around for below the 2K mark.

A friend of mine was recently looking for a c280 estate and the majority that we saw around the £2000 mark were junk.

Mine's averaged 29mpg over the past 12K/6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom