Interested in a C63 but worried about theft!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks a lot everyone for your comments - I decided to go ahead with the purchase and buy the W205 C63 which is more stunning than I imagined in real life (and gives me the fizz just sitting on my driveway.. - will post pics to the appropriate thread in due course). Ultimately I think that theft is an important factor but I found myself agreeing with people on this thread like @John - buy it, protect it and enjoy it, otherwise what’s the point?

As far as protection goes, I’ve fitted a wheel lock (£20 from amazon) and invested another £20 in a faraday box for the keys.. I’m considering Ghost but also thinking about full PPF wrap which is over £2k and I’m not made of money! Have people had this done?

Great news...

You have to make the right decision for you but I know that feeling of seeing the car parked and getting excited about it and it means you bought the right car.

:thumb:

Thanks a lot everyone for your comments - I decided to go ahead with the purchase and buy the W205 C63 which is more stunning than I imagined in real life (and gives me the fizz just sitting on my driveway.. - will post pics to the appropriate thread in due course). Ultimately I think that theft is an important factor but I found myself agreeing with people on this thread like @John - buy it, protect it and enjoy it, otherwise what’s the point?

As far as protection goes, I’ve fitted a wheel lock (£20 from amazon) and invested another £20 in a faraday box for the keys.. I’m considering Ghost but also thinking about full PPF wrap which is over £2k and I’m not made of money! Have people had this done?

I decided against the ghost, my drive is away from the house and I can’t get WiFi through the walls of the house (iron pyrite content of the inner brick course) so it’s unlikey thieving toe rags will succeed in grabbing the signal... I also use double lock function.

I had PPF done before I drove the car, only front bumper, bonnet, wings, mirror caps and a posts as well as side sills and rear bumper, not as expensive as full treatment. My last C class I booked to do it after collection and some removal man cretin rubbed the rear bumper with less the 100 miles on the clock, that was a £2.5k affair to put right and would have been completely avoided had I not been impatient. Lesson learned this time!

Best of luck with new motor!

Personally for gbp399 on a 70 to 80+k car, the ghost is the best use of cash I've spent on the car along with front and rear dashcams with parking mode and backup battery for another gbp500 (actually the dashcam came from the previous car, so only the cost of fitting this time round ). Also some paint protection ceramic coating and all is well. 2 years and 20k miles and all is well. I forgot about the winter tyres and rims but those are optional compared to the ghost and cam

Personally for gbp399 on a 70 to 80+k car, the ghost is the best use of cash I've spent on the car along with front and rear dashcams with parking mode and backup battery for another gbp500 (actually the dashcam came from the previous car, so only the cost of fitting this time round ). Also some paint protection ceramic coating and all is well. 2 years and 20k miles and all is well. I forgot about the winter tyres and rims but those are optional compared to the ghost and cam
Agree 100% with this post. I had Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ceramic PP applied to mine before I picked it up and it's been brilliant - still got 6 years of guarantee left on this and will have it in all my cars from now. The Ghost is a no brainer as the car is literally unstealable unless they crane it into a trailer or waterboard me into revealing the code, neither of which I believe will ever happen. On both PP and Ghost you're looking at a tiny % of cost for the peace of mind you'll get.

Agree 100% with this post. I had Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ceramic PP applied to mine before I picked it up and it's been brilliant - still got 6 years of guarantee left on this and will have it in all my cars from now. The Ghost is a no brainer as the car is literally unstealable unless they crane it into a trailer or waterboard me into revealing the code, neither of which I believe will ever happen. On both PP and Ghost you're looking at a tiny % of cost for the peace of mind you'll get.

How much did you pay for the ceramic PP if you don’t mind me asking? For full PPF wrap, I was quoted £3.6k plus VAT from Topaz and higher from Yiannimize (until they learned of Topaz’s price and dropped theirs)..

I’ve got quotes from them in the first instance since they are known and trustworthy but if anyone is aware of any other reputable ones in / around London, I’m all ears!

Hi all,

I’m new to this great forum and, as mentioned in the name of thread, interested in buying a 2019 C63 Coupe.

Aside from the obvious impracticalities and costs, browsing through the various threads has made me quite concerned that the vehicle may be stolen (through vulnerabilities of the keyless go system or otherwise) so was just wondering what other AMG owners experiences have been like, and any specific measures taken to prevent this other than locking in a garage and double pressing the lock button on the fob (which I gather isn’t a bullet proof method to stop the system being manipulated)

Thoughts appreciated!

I thought I wa safe in a locked compond but a druggie broke into the bulding had a bad trip and threw herself out of third floor stairwell window. Its not always theft....

How much did you pay for the ceramic PP if you don’t mind me asking? For full PPF wrap, I was quoted £3.6k plus VAT from Topaz and higher from Yiannimize (until they learned of Topaz’s price and dropped theirs)..

I’ve got quotes from them in the first instance since they are known and trustworthy but if anyone is aware of any other reputable ones in / around London, I’m all ears!

Fortunately didn't pay for it - negotiated it as part of the purchase but I think it's about a grand.... could be wrong though.

I had a light correctional package with the G-Techniq 9 year guarantee, C5 Wheel armour, leather and dash treatment and it came to £895 plus the VAT. Front end PPF should run at about £1400 (to include headlights) and then I was lucky as the side skirts came out of the left over sheets, so the cost was much lower than anticipated. I alsohad the rear bumper done in full as the load lip on the GT is.....awkward.

Front end PPF should run at about £1400 (to include headlights)

Yeah the quote drops to £2500 + VAT if I do the front bumper, bonnet wings, mirrors and doors so may just go with that.

I’ve received three quotes for a full body (satin) wrap p, two have been £3600+VAT and £4000+VAT. All three were well respected (but not high profile) detailers in the Midlands, so I would have expected them to be less expensive than Topaz and Yiannimize. Seems I was wrong!

I’m just not sure if a full wrap is really needed. I think I should be able to get away with front bumper, bonnet, A pillar, wings and doors which would shave off a grand or so!

I had my car done at Topaz front and sills PPF and ceramic on top. Their work is superb and having seen some of the cheaper efforts on friends (high end) cars I would not hesitate about spending a little extra to have a perfect job

IMG_9514-X3.jpg

kc

I had my car done at Topaz front and sills PPF and ceramic on top. Their work is superb and having seen some of the cheaper efforts on friends (high end) cars I would not hesitate about spending a little extra to have a perfect job

IMG_9514-X3.jpg

kc

Beautiful car! Can I ask how much that cost?

If it is a 2019 car, you won’t need the Faraday box as the key will have a built in movement detector and switches itself off when it’s not being moved.
I didn't know this, ahh well, wife needs the Faraday pouch anyway, not that I can ever get her comfort access to work!

Great to know thank you 😊 👌

Can you do this on older models? My dad has a 14 plate S class.
That worked on my 64 plate E63 so should work on your Dads S class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom