Interested in Falconry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Slightly off topic, but I've always been interested in Falconry. I walk through Trafalgar square and see the Harris Hawk being flown to deter the pigeons. Stunning birds (the hawk, not the pigeons!)

Anyone here a falconer or know a good falconry that I could visit?

Thanks

:thumb:

Google for your area?

Several up here in Yorkshire, but there are numerous birds of prey centres around the country now.

Saw a demonstration recently while at Syon Park zoo. Quite amazing.

If you're looking for a full day out and have kids Waraick Castle have a great display
during the summer along with all the other good stuff there, equally and free, down by the river in Christchurch on Sunday afternoons during the summer months.

We have a place near us in Sussex - regular displays, plus they also do days out with the birds on the Downs.

I'll see if I can dig out a link....

Found it more quickly than I thought - Huxley

Couple of years back I went out for the day hunting with a Harris hawk and ferret ... one of those days you'd never forget ... I'd have a Harris in the morning, but I wouldn't have the time to devote to the hobby...

we went on a visit to the Cotswold falconry centre
Cotswold Falconry & Bird of Prey Centre

they have some nice big eagles and hawks and our kids liked the flying display they put on. there was someone on a course with the instructors (keepers?? pilots??) who got to put the gloves on and call the birds to them etc. that looked good.

i see its closed now but you could put one of the courses on your crimbo list?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom